Stain or algae?!

bling

Hello I need some advice.

I built my first custom loop in December and filled it with ekwb cryofuel acid green. Last week I dismantled everything because I'm upgrading the complete system.

When doing so I noticed that almost all the parts have some sort of stain, going from green to light blue. Almost all the reservoir and the anticyclone, the fittings, parts of the cpu wb and some tubing (mostly on the outside, the part inside the fittings where no coolant was moving).

I managed to clean most of them but I had to brush then because they were solid and really attached to the parts.

Since I have another bottle of the same concentrate that I planned to use in the next loop, I asked ekwb support concerned and they said from the pictures it looks like algae and suggest to clean all the parts and mix the concentrate in 1:8 instead 1:9 ratio.

In my opinion this looks like stain, not algae, based on the look, touch, and colour from green to light blue. Also in just two month with a concentrate mix I don't think it's possible for such a huge algae growth.

Loop is petg and copper. I washed the radiators with a vinegar solution and then rinsed with distilled water before building the loop. I also rinsed all the other parts with distilled water beforehand.

What do you think?

Can you suggest me some no stain coolant?

Here's some pictures

tvzOY6ml.jpg

2XLJDKNl.jpg

4tV5BzQl.jpg

GT54dJ3l.jpg

HcmqpIgl.jpg

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

stain, just clean it up

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I think it's stain. There might be some simple tests you could conduct to find out for real but I don't know any.

24 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I think it's stain. There might be some simple tests you could conduct to find out for real but I don't know any.

30 minutes ago, bling said:

Hello I need some advice.

I built my first custom loop in December and filled it with ekwb cryofuel acid green. Last week I dismantled everything because I'm upgrading the complete system.

When doing so I noticed that almost all the parts have some sort of stain, going from green to light blue. Almost all the reservoir and the anticyclone, the fittings, parts of the cpu wb and some tubing (mostly on the outside, the part inside the fittings where no coolant was moving).

I managed to clean most of them but I had to brush then because they were solid and really attached to the parts.

Since I have another bottle of the same concentrate that I planned to use in the next loop, I asked ekwb support concerned and they said from the pictures it looks like algae and suggest to clean all the parts and mix the concentrate in 1:8 instead 1:9 ratio.

In my opinion this looks like stain, not algae, based on the look, touch, and colour from green to light blue. Also in just two month with a concentrate mix I don't think it's possible for such a huge algae growth.

Loop is petg and copper. I washed the radiators with a vinegar solution and then rinsed with distilled water before building the loop. I also rinsed all the other parts with distilled water beforehand.

What do you think?

Can you suggest me some no stain coolant?

Here's some pictures

2XLJDKNl.jpg

4tV5BzQl.jpg

GT54dJ3l.jpg

If it was algae it wouldn't only be in places where connections were made. This is common, i get it a lot and have seen it especially with red and blue pastel coolants from EK, it always seems to happen around the connections as well 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Thanks to all for the replies. So just as I thought only stain.

Do you have any colored (possibly UV) coolant that doesn't stain to suggest? I'm doing a new loop with brand new tubes and gpu waterblock and I don't want to stain everything again like that. Also I didn't like the answer from the ekwb support

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

12 minutes ago, bling said:

Thanks to all for the replies. So just as I thought only stain.

Do you have any colored (possibly UV) coolant that doesn't stain to suggest? I'm doing a new loop with brand new tubes and gpu waterblock and I don't want to stain everything again like that. Also I didn't like the answer from the ekwb support

imo that doesn't even count as staining since with a bit of scrubbing it would probably have come off. I would still recommend EK-CryoFuel for its biocidal and anti-corrosive properties.