Windows 7 Pro Install USB 2.0 Not Working

Installing Windows 7 Pro on someone else's PC which has Ryzen (apparently that doesn't work with an OS not from this decade, but there are workarounds) and I have been met with the issue that USB 2.0 doesn't work at all.

Both the mouse and the keyboard detect and work in the BIOS but when the install screen and dialogue appear, they do not detect or even switch on. 

I do have PS/2 peripherals at my disposal but only one PS/2 port on the back of my motherboard. I've considered a splitter for the PS/2 ports but from some reading up, I have found that some people's motherboard does not detect the second peripheral as the PS/2 port on their board will only detect one peripheral. 

Some form of a hasty response would be nice. Thanks. 

appareantly there's a better chance if you either use a usb port provided by a chipset (rather than the main ryzen provided ones), or by using a supported OS.

This is not the time or the place to bang on about how old Windows 7 is and how it is not a supported OS :p. Welcome back though manikyath to my essay posts. Explain what you mean by a USB port provided by a chipset if you will. 

If you only have one PS/2 port, use a keyboard.  If the interface is designed properly you'll still be able to do everything you need without a mouse.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you only have one PS/2 port, use a keyboard.  If the interface is designed properly you'll still be able to do everything you need without a mouse.

Have tried doing that, the issue is that I cannot get past the part where there is a checkbox to say 'I agree to the licence terms' since the keyboard will not arrow key or tab over to the checkbox for me to say yes. 

1 minute ago, BraveLittleToaster990 said:

Have tried doing that, the issue is that I cannot get past the part where there is a checkbox to say 'I agree to the licence terms' since the keyboard will not arrow key or tab over to the checkbox for me to say yes. 

hm, and you can't jump to it with Alt either?  rip.  Well I did say "if the interface is designed properly" xD

Depending if you have accessibility features available, it occurs to me you could just use only a mouse and then on-screen keyboard.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

hm, and you can't jump to it with Alt either?  rip.  Well I did say "if the interface is designed properly" xD

Depending if you have accessibility features available, it occurs to me you could just use only a mouse and then on-screen keyboard.

So there may be still hope then. What is the specific Alt key press order then? Something such as Alt + <- or another combination along those lines? The Ease of Access settings with just the mouse and the on screen keyboard are also giving me some hope too. Thanks :). 

To further add to this with an issue because believe it or not I am booting from a disc (please put down your torch and pitchfork at me being so outdated and lazy to not make USB boot media) it has the prompt for 'Press any key to boot into Disc' which means that since PS/2 needs to be plugged in prior to boot, the mouse only option with the on screen keyboard would not work :(. 

8 minutes ago, BraveLittleToaster990 said:

So there may be still hope then. What is the specific Alt key press order then? Something such as Alt + <- or another combination along those lines? The Ease of Access settings with just the mouse and the on screen keyboard are also giving me some hope too. Thanks :). 

just holding it should reveal an underline under a letter you can hit to jump to that UI element

4 minutes ago, BraveLittleToaster990 said:

To further add to this with an issue because believe it or not I am booting from a disc (please put down your torch and pitchfork at me being so outdated and lazy to not make USB boot media) it has the prompt for 'Press any key to boot into Disc' which means that since PS/2 needs to be plugged in prior to boot, the mouse only option with the on screen keyboard would not work :(. 

Oh that is a problem...I am running out of ideas.

just holding it should reveal an underline under a letter you can hit to jump to that UI element

There are no Ease of Access settings, and the key combinations do not work! Don't run out of ideas please, I literally need this done before Wednesday :/. 

Took a quick step back and realized something called Unattended Install. Is there any way I can be helped with that?

have you tried alternating pressing tab and space? i have installed win7 with just a keyboard before, so it should be doable.. if you can tab to "decline" an arrow press to the right or left (depending on where the agree box is,) and pressing space should mark the agree button.. or just the arrow press itself should..

you could set up unattended install, but i think you still need to be able to press some things.. also, you'll need an operating system running to run the unattended tool to config the installer, not sure if there is a linux one, so you might just be stuck with win7.. 

also, have you gone through this?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH IT WAS SPACE!! CHRIST ALMIGHTY.

Sorry, need to compose myself before I crawl into a ball and cry about how I never tried space. Thanks Changis for suggesting that by the way. I am keeping this thread open until I have got this OS working in case any other issues arise. Please stay tuned if I post any more uninformed help requests. Many thanks. 

1 hour ago, BraveLittleToaster990 said:

Will give it a go, but I do not have the same motherboard and the BIOS on mine honestly feels limited compared to others such as AsRock. Thank you nonetheless. 

You'll need to slipstream the drivers for USB and chipset either way to get this working, so that guide should at least point you in the right direction.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I would slipstream the USB drivers into Windows 7 if I was able to make the mouse work at all. The PS/2 mouse that I have works on the smallest bottom section of the screen and will not go above that, like it is hitting the top of the screen.