kind of a wierd question

I am considering putting a second pump in my system, just for the looks and redundancy, but I wont do it with a dual pump top.. So my question is; I have a pump with a pump top and res together, and im considering throwing a pump in this res:

http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/XSPC-Acrylic-Tank-Reservoir-for-Laing-D5-pid-11672.html

If one pump stops would it stop the flow completly or are would it have no effect?

(Comming soon)

Well, the a pump that stopped will bring some resistance to the flow. If you wanna do dual pump I'd suggest you do get a dual pump top. But since it's for the shits and giggles just don't do it and buy something different :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Well, the a pump that stopped will bring some resistance to the flow. If you wanna do dual pump I'd suggest you do get a dual pump top. But since it's for the shits and giggles just don't do it and buy something different :D
Actually having a dual top vs 2 single tops would still have the same outcome performance wise, dual tops are normally just two single tops stuck together but more compact.Seems like a expensive thing to do unlwaa you are running some high end gear, you should just hook up your pumps rpm sensor ans if it hits below a certain rpm auto shutdown the computer.

You could try putting them in parallel. That way if one of them stopped, it wouldn't add any resistance to the flow.

Overall... two pumps are not of much benefit. Lot of the time, they are more trouble then they are worth... If your primary pump is a quality one, they can last for years.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Parralel? what would that gain me?

My thoughts on this is, this would essentially be pretty much the same as a dual pump top, just with more space between them. And I should probably have mentioned im talking about D5's.

I know its expensive and not really any performance gain, but in this particular case money is not an issue whatsoever.. :)

(Comming soon)

My thoughts on this is, this would essentially be pretty much the same as a dual pump top, just with more space between them. And I should probably have mentioned im talking about D5's.

I know its expensive and not really any performance gain, but in this particular case money is not an issue whatsoever.. :)

dont use parallel for pumps

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Thats what I thought.. Just dont understand the suggestion really..?

(Comming soon)