1080p surround or 1440p monitor

blindsighted26

hi after xmas i need to buy my self a/some monitors but im not sure what to get 3 x 1080p or 1 x 1440p monitors

My system spec :

3770k @ 4.5 ghz

16gb dominator platinum @ 1866Mhz 

Gtx 780 (msi reference card )

( All Custom Water-cooled )

the other option is to just buy a G-sync monitor when we see price and stuff 

what is the best way to go im just trying to look and see how much i will be needing . i want somthing that will strech my 780 and drop the FPS down to the 50-60 FPS mark with the 1440p monitor would i have to go sli or are the fps on im most games out now ?

I have eye sight problems ( sever sight loss ) so reading my pc monitor is hard would a 1440p monitor help with this ? so i am very good at picking out the tearing and stutter im game as i have to focus on a centrel point of the screen

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

hi after xmas i need to buy my self a/some monitors but im not sure what to get 3 x 1080p or 1 x 1440p monitors

My system spec :

3770k @ 4.5 ghz

16gb dominator platinum @ 1866Mhz

Gtx 780 (msi reference card )

the other option is to just buy a G-sync monitor when we see price and stuff

what is the best way to go im just trying to look and see how much i will be needing . i want somthing that will strech my 780 and drop the FPS down to the 50-60 FPS mark with the 1440p monitor would i have to go sli or are the fps on im most games out now ?

Most people highly overrate current GPUs power… If I am too give you an example will Metro: Last Light with everything maxed run a 22.7 FPS on a 2560*1440 monitor.

I would personally just go with a very good 1440P monitor, but I would go SLI with another 780.@

EDIT: Here is a video from Linus at 1440P resolution showing some demanding games :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

well three 1080p = 5760x1080p

vs 1 1440p monitor....

Just remember you will need to have decent GPU power to power eyefinity/sourround

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Thank you @Titanicium that was very helpful 

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

I've actually considered the same and came to the conclusion that a single 1440p monitor like the QNIX QX2710 Evolution II or the ASUS PB278Q are the way to go depending on your budget.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

a single 780 on 1080p surround is going to involve setting a lot of settings to medium probably. two will handle most games at max on 1080p surround though - but of course that's a much bigger budget jump than just choosing a monitor

a single 780 on 1080p surround is going to involve setting a lot of settings to medium probably. two will handle most games at max on 1080p surround though - but of course that's a much bigger budget jump than just choosing a monitor

I'm wondering since I'm in the market to build a gaming rig. with one of the cheap Korean monitors and i thought i saw that the gtx 780 can max out most games. And that on some you can lower the settings since its minimal improvement. I think Logan from Tek and awsomesauce said this, but don't quote me. So my question is should you buy a gtx 780 ti or wait for the 880 since ill build my rig. in January or after Christmas.

I'm wondering since I'm in the market to build a gaming rig. with one of the cheap Korean monitors and i thought i saw that the gtx 780 can max out most games. And that on some you can lower the settings since its minimal improvement. I think Logan from Tek and awsomesauce said this, but don't quote me. So my question is should you buy a gtx 780 ti or wait for the 880 since ill build my rig. in January or after Christmas.

If you aren't in a real rush. I would for sure wait. If you don't want to wait. Then do absolutely consider AMD R9 cards. These cards are great for higher resolution. My 280x toxic card beats the 780 in some benchmarks and stays close to it in others. (reference 780 I believe tho, not sure)

Here are some 1440p benchmarks.

Here are some 5780x1080p benchmarks. 

Sadly no R9-290 in these tests. So.. 

Here are some R9-290 benchmarks

DO NOTE: I don't think that they do overclock the cards for the benchmarks. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

you're going to always be waiting if you want to play the waiting game. pc tech world (especially graphics) is always leap frogging itself

I have Dell U2713HM and some random cheap Asus 1080p. I love my Dell but like to have two screens. Preferably 3 Dells, but don't have 1000 € to spend on monitors...