Kraken x62 leaking?

Yifti

Hello!

Ever happened to someone?

Many people recommended the h115i but the x62 looks sooooo much better...

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

Just now, Yifti said:

Hello!

Ever happened to someone?

Many people recommended the h115i but the x62 looks sooooo much better...

And another question is the pump on the x62 really that bad?

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

Chance of it leaking is same as Corsair, which is almost none. And if it does there is Warranty.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

They all eventually leak after 4+ years of use or shorten if you get unlucky. If you really are scasred just get a beefy air cooler and slap some rgb fans if your into that shit

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Chance of it leaking is same as Corsair, which is almost none. And if it does there is Warranty.

And the pump?

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

Just now, Yifti said:

And the pump?

Who said the pump was bad?

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Who said the pump was bad?

Many people on the internet said that the pump ain't that good, and Corsair is WAYYY better.

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

Just now, Yifti said:

Many people on the internet said that the pump ain't that good, and Corsair is WAYYY better.

Because it is on internet it must be true. Also never trust personal reviews as theh have no experience in handling products, look for professional reviews.

And saying a pump is bad is very subjective. What exactly is bad? Noise? Temps? 

4 minutes ago, Yifti said:

I have seen the same reviews. Reviewers both on amazon and newegg report the Kraken pumps failing after a few months. I purchased a corsair AIO specifically for that reason.

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Because it is on internet it must be true. Also never trust personal reviews as theh have no experience in handling products, look for professional reviews.

Hmmmm... Quite right. Your thinking is good. So no problem going with the x62?

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

1 minute ago, Heroic Burrito said:

I have seen the same reviews. Reviewers both on amazon and newegg report the Kraken pumps failing after a few months. I purchased a corsair AIO specifically for that reason.

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Just now, Yifti said:

True as well....

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

1 minute ago, Yifti said:

Anybody who says the x62 pump is worse than the corsair stuff doesn't know enough background.

They're all the same from Asetek.

https://www.asetek.com/desktop/do-it-yourself/

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

2 minutes ago, Heroic Burrito said:

Welp.. can't decide now...

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

Just now, Yifti said:

True as well....

I completely know what you are saying though. The NZXT Kraken looks AMAZING. However I decided to go with the reliability that corsair seems to offer. You could probably pick up a kraken and never have a issue, I just personally didn't want to risk it.

Could the issue be somewhere else besides the pump? Perhaps how they integrate it into the AIO?

Maybe...

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

Just now, Heroic Burrito said:

Could the issue be somewhere else besides the pump? Perhaps how they integrate it into the AIO?

My understanding is that the AIO part of the AIO (sorry if that sounded a bit dumb) is made exclusively by Asetek, the companies more or less only whack on fancy RGB leds and the outer shell. I really don't see differences in AIOs apart from:

- Fans included

- Tube sleexing

- Implementation of tubing (some of the motherboards have RAM clearance issues with Krakens)

- Warranty (if it leaked, what the company fixes - aio only? or the damaged components too)

In terms of pump noise, pump lifetime, leak liklihood. They should be all within margin of error.

Just now, For Science! said:

My understanding is that the AIO part of the AIO (sorry if that sounded a bit dumb) is made exclusively by Asetek, the companies more or less only whack on fancy RGB leds and the outer shell. I really don't see differences in AIOs apart from:

- Fans included

- Tube sleexing

- Implementation of tubing (some of the motherboards have RAM clearance issues with Krakens)

- Warranty (if it leaked, what the company fixes - aio only? or the damaged components too)

In terms of pump noise, pump lifetime, leak liklihood. They should be all within margin of error.

Interesting, I didn't realize this. Thanks!

Interesting, I didn't realize this. Thanks!

I forgot to mention, but there will be also software/firmware differences. Like what the default pump speed is etc. But they should all be quite similar too, but some companies may choose to have a slower pump for longevity/noise, whereas others may have it faster for slight gains in performance.

13 minutes ago, For Science! said:

- Fans included

- Tube sleexing

Can you link me the warranty of both products (kraken x62 and Corsair h115i)?

I couldn't find it..

Thanks!

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

10 minutes ago, Yifti said:

Can you link me the warranty of both products (kraken x62 and Corsair h115i)?

I couldn't find it..

Thanks!

6 years for the kraken, 5 years for the h115i. Unfortunately whether they replace damaged components are not explicitly written and I think are handled on a case-by-case manner.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:48 PM, tp95112 said:

They all eventually leak after 4+ years of use or shorten if you get unlucky. If you really are scasred just get a beefy air cooler and slap some rgb fans if your into that shit

All eventually leak? Are you crazy? They should never leaked as a sealed unit. What they will do though is dry up over time.

I am curious as to why you have arrived at this conclusion.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

All eventually leak? Are you crazy? They should never leaked as a sealed unit. What they will do though is dry up over time.

I am curious as to why you have arrived at this conclusion.

They break overtime. Nothing is leak proof and yes they dry up overtime but things break. Im not saying its they are all 100% going to start leaking

Your wording implied they ALL leak after 4+ years.

That being said most people will NEVER encounter a leak. They will more than likely encounter a dead pump long before any other issue anyways.

That being said I would always go with an expandable AIO over any of the closed loop choices. You get better components and have the ability to actually refill the system over time. Also depending on the one you choose replacing a pump is do-able too on most of them.

For example the swiftech h240 x2 is 10-15 bucks cheaper than the x62.