What do these furmark settings do?

xFluing

What do these two settings in furmark mean? I'm afraid to turn them on and see what they do because of the name

image.png.92f6d6d2578f3dbd97c6984fc86d4669.png

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

Just now, WereCat said:

they will try to cook your card as much as possible to test your cooling

Also my GPU base clock is 1050 but it only goes up to 1000 in furmark, it does go to 1050 however in Heaven and pretty much every 3D game

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

Just now, xFluing said:

Also my GPU base clock is 1050 but it only goes up to 1000 in furmark, it does go to 1050 however in Heaven and pretty much every 3D game

because it is power throttling

Just now, WereCat said:

because it is power throttling

Why though I'm nowhere near throttling temps

OK so it does go to 1050 but only when it's minimised which is odd

This preset is a special one created for the GTX 480 to be able to fry eggs and bacon on top of it.

Just now, xFluing said:

Why though I'm nowhere near throttling temps

Because it is POWER throttling, not TEMP throttling. Furmark will make your card draw as much power as possible to increase the temperature as much as possible. If your card is set to X Watts maximum in BIOS, Furmark will reach that X power consumption. When card hits X, it will not be able to maintain its max clocks as it would have to exceed the X.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Because it is POWER throttling, not TEMP throttling. Furmark will make your card draw as much power as possible to increase the temperature as much as possible. If your card is set to X Watts maximum in BIOS, Furmark will reach that X power consumption. When card hits X, it will not be able to maintain its max clocks as it would have to exceed the X.

But nothing else does this, only furmark

1 minute ago, xFluing said:

But nothing else does this, only furmark

Well, that is the purpose of Furmark. You will rarely see this kind of load under normal circumstances.