Laptop - No Discrete Graphics + Thunderbolt 3

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to assist. I'm looking for a laptop that has no discrete graphics card, has decent cooling and must have Thunderbolt 3. I'm also hoping to get an eGPU enclosure. The reason I'm looking for this stuff is because I may be travelling to see family across the country but I normally use a desktop. I was hoping to utilize my desktop GPU. Any suggestions as to what kind of laptop has a powerful CPU with Thunderbolt 3? I don't have a budget as of right now and I'm hoping to be able to record a bit of gameplay as well while gaming of course. Thanks! 

A macbook fits darn near everything you are asking for minus a decent cooling solution. Install windows and have fun.

Since I am guessing most people will hate that solution look into Lenovo's thinkpad line if you want something built fairly well (still not near as good as they used to be). Order to suit.

Or the Yoga line for something thin and light, I love my 910. This does limit you to dual core with hyper-threading though.

If you want an honest opinion though, look into the Legion or Aorus notebooks and buy one with a decent discrete graphics card 1060 or 1070 should do. It will cost you around the same amount and outperform a 1080ti in an external enclosure, which by the way adds another 400 ish to your overall cost.

All depends on budget, but you're not going to find much with an i7 quad core for under 1000, a decent "gaming" laptop will start at 1200-1400 and outperform a desktop graphics card in an enclosure, a workstation laptop with a desktop cpu and up to dual discrete graphics cards will start at the 2200 dollar range. Just flipping through Lenovos new line up it would cost you another 5-700 more to get a model without discrete graphics and a quad core (most of the thinkpad line up has integrated quaddro graphics).

MSI cant build a laptop that doesn't thermal throttle, and I cant think of anything asus makes outside of their ROG series that is worth a darn. I am currently boycotting Dell, so couldn't care less. Clevo/sager surely have a barebones to fit your needs but again silly option.

23 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

razer blade stealth

asus zenbook

Razer laptops suck, avoid. Asus don't have many Zenbooks that has TB3, those with TB3 are expensive

21 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

Legion or Aorus notebooks

OP needs a portable laptop, that'd why he asked for eGPU solution

you're not going to find much with an i7 quad core for under 1000

WTF it's easy to find a laptop with 8550U CPU even under $750

MSI cant build a laptop that doesn't thermal throttle

Their GT lineup is super SOLID in terms of build quality and cooling design

Clevo/sager surely have a barebones to fit your needs but again silly option

Why silly? They don't have much gaming look (professional look) and yet have good build quality, good QC, powerful hardware, lots of models to choose and customize from

50 minutes ago, tomoki said:

snip

Dell XPS 13 9370 (if you don't mind carrying dongles)

Lenovo Yoga 720

Lenovo Ideapad 720S

New Thinkpads

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, tomoki said:

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to assist. I'm looking for a laptop that has no discrete graphics card, has decent cooling and must have Thunderbolt 3. I'm also hoping to get an eGPU enclosure. The reason I'm looking for this stuff is because I may be travelling to see family across the country but I normally use a desktop. I was hoping to utilize my desktop GPU. Any suggestions as to what kind of laptop has a powerful CPU with Thunderbolt 3? I don't have a budget as of right now and I'm hoping to be able to record a bit of gameplay as well while gaming of course. Thanks! 

check for a clevo n130wu

Spoiler

Thread cleaned.

This thread got off-topic so bad, it's ridiculous, all that bickering will not help the OP in anyway. Please stay on-topic and try to help the OP, if you can't or won't, then please don't reply.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Thread cleaned.

This thread got off-topic so bad, it's ridiculous, all that bickering will not help the OP in anyway. Please stay on-topic and try to help the OP, if you can't or won't, then please don't reply.

Thanks for cleaning it up haha. I read it before I went to bed last night (had to work early) and it just felt like it was all over the place. I'll also be posting another thread but for a different laptop with a budget later :)

Thank you everyone for the replies though! I'm going to spend some time looking at each of these suggestions and make comparisons for myself just to see what everyone's come up with. I'm stuck at work now and it's kinda slow so... PERFECT TIME. 

Also, just one note. I'd never in my life go with Apple.