Air flow vs pressure exhaust?

I have a Corsair H80i (single 120mm radiator all-in-one, 2x fans). My case only has space for one exhaust fan on the back, and I'm trying to avoid opening up the removable panels for more exhaust.

I'm wondering, does it make sense to get a high static pressure fan for the push side of the radiator, and a high airflow fan for the pull side? Or should they both be static pressure?

Case is Fractal Design Define R5 and there's ample space for airflow exhaust on the back, but only one 120mm/140mm combo mount for a fan. My other thought was does it make sense to block the fanless grills to force airflow through the fan? I would expect that for this to work, a high airflow fan would be needed on the pull side of exhaust.

4 minutes ago, patches said:

both be static pressure

Either way. 1 Side won't be pulling enough air/pushing enough air through or from the radiator if you use airflow.

This is in general, you can set the airflow to 100% to have it push more.

So looking at the Noctua NF-F12 then. Just spotted I can get the industrial 3000RPM version if I didn't care about reducing dbA :P But the bundled Corsair fans being noisy is the main reason I want to swap them out.

If you want to be specific

NF-F12 for your rads.

NF-S12A for your case

Though you could just get NF-P12's which are the mid ground. A kind of "all round fan".

FYI:

https://noctua.at/en/which_fan_is_right_for_me

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |