what would happen if you connected a FHD laptop to a UHD monitor?

ssnoopy2222

Hi I recently bought an hp spectre x360 with i7 8th gen, 8gb ram, and an FHD display. I wanted to buy a monitor now along with this so I was wondering what would happen if I bought a 4k monitor, would the screen display in 4k natively or upscaled or what?

It would display in 4K natively.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

It would display 4k natively but windows acts weird with scaling text sharpness particularly if you have two different resolution monitors since it doesn't handle display scaling separately. Idk if this is still an issue tho

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

It would display in 4K natively.

why are your texts blue?

usually it tries to replicate input res , so most probably upscaled hd to fit 4k res.

Details separate people.

18 minutes ago, ssnoopy2222 said:

Hi I recently bought an hp spectre x360 with i7 8th gen, 8gb ram, and an FHD display. I wanted to buy a monitor now along with this so I was wondering what would happen if I bought a 4k monitor, would the screen display in 4k natively or upscaled or what?

Depends on a couple things.

Assuming the laptop can run a 4K display and assuming you are extending your display(rather than duplicating it), it will just run at 4k.

If your laptop doesn't support 4k, IT can't do 4k of course. If you try to duplicate your display, it will only run at FHD.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 2/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, SilverSoul said:

It would display 4k natively but windows acts weird with scaling text sharpness particularly if you have two different resolution monitors since it doesn't handle display scaling separately. Idk if this is still an issue tho

Windows 10 handles scaling individually on displays... I work with it every day. 

On 10.2.2018 at 8:08 PM, Almostbauws said:

why are your texts blue?

Probably because he selected the blue text color in the editor.

super annoying as it almost looks like a link.

1 hour ago, Pixel5 said:

Probably because he selected the blue text color in the editor.

super annoying as it almost looks like a link.

i know that you can change the text color, i asked because what is the reason because the text looks like a link.

1 hour ago, Almostbauws said:

i know that you can change the text color, i asked because what is the reason because the text looks like a link.

dont know but guess its to stand out from us normal peopl