Matias' P2 - Dan A4-sfx v1 build and case mod

5 hours ago, Selder said:

Haha, those zipties, I wouldn't attach them to the PCI Riser, that thing breaks easily...

Well.... That is kind of worrying... Will remove them right away... I had the understanding that they were quite durable... :)

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

Wow, beautiful. It's inspiring! :) I have a few questions:

1) Can you tell me what material you used to make the covers for under the PSU, GPU and Motherboard?

2) How did you attach the panels?

3) Could you possibly reveal the dimensions of the panels?

4) Where did you get the carbon fiber foil from?

Thanks!

Regards, Marcel

12 hours ago, pwiepengel said:

Wow, beautiful. It's inspiring! :) I have a few questions:

1) Can you tell me what material you used to make the covers for under the PSU, GPU and Motherboard?

2) How did you attach the panels?

3) Could you possibly reveal the dimensions of the panels?

4) Where did you get the carbon fiber foil from?

Thanks!

Regards, Marcel

Thanks alot!

1) Just plain old plexiglas (acrylic)

2) Double sided tape

3) Only two of them since I broke the one under the GPU in two pieces to see if I could make an elegant solution with which you could still see the custom sleeved cables... I could not :( The one under the PSU id approximately 125x70mm and the one for the motherboard, roughly 190x40-some mm

4) I ordered it off Ebay in the summer and it arrived some time in the following fall :)

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

49 minutes ago, matias_a_etersen said:

Thanks alot!

1) Just plain old plexiglas (acrylic)

2) Double sided tape

3) Only two of them since I broke the one under the GPU in two pieces to see if I could make an elegant solution with which you could still see the custom sleeved cables... I could not :( The one under the PSU id approximately 125x70mm and the one for the motherboard, roughly 190x40-some mm

4) I ordered it off Ebay in the summer and it arrived some time in the following fall :)

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you for your quick answer. :) Are you planning to make more mods for the DAN A4?

Regards, Marcel

20 minutes ago, pwiepengel said:

Thank you for your quick answer. :) Are you planning to make more mods for the DAN A4?

Regards, Marcel

Yes I am. When my Asetek 545lc arrives in a few days, I'll mod my case to fit that. Other than that I'm not really sure, but I can guarantee that more is coming! :)

My Asetek 545lc just arrived today... Just to make me aware that it doesn't come with retention brackets :C Don't think such a happy moment has ever turned so sad so fast :(

IMG_20180307_190822.jpg

IMG_20180307_195829.jpg

Thank you for your fast answer. ?

Do you think about custom length Cables for PSU? 

5 minutes ago, pwiepengel said:

Thank you for your fast answer. ?

Do you think about custom length Cables for PSU? 

Yeah, of course I think about that... The only problem is that I don't really have the money to do it... Probably gonna have to do with the cables I have now until I get a freetime job or something like that... Not exactly swimming in money as a fifteen year old... :)

I ordered some powercables, sleeves and a crimping tool at MDPC-X, and the connectors at highflow.nl.  They should arrive beginning next week, and then I can make my own custom length cables and get rid of the excess cable at the GPU side...

29 minutes ago, Selder said:

I ordered some powercables, sleeves and a crimping tool at MDPC-X, and the connectors at highflow.nl.  They should arrive beginning next week, and then I can make my own custom length cables and get rid of the excess cable at the GPU side...

Niiiiiice! Looking forward to seeing your result! Maybe that means that I'm going to have to step my game up... ;)

What colour scheme are you going for?

Hi again, can you tell me the size of the cover under the gpu? :)

and @Selder

Would you tell us the length of your cables when you're done?

3 hours ago, pwiepengel said:

Hi again, can you tell me the size of the cover under the gpu? :)

and @Selder

Would you tell us the length of your cables when you're done?

Sounds like someone is making a build like ours @Selder:D

I can't unfortunatelt answer you since It's broken and trashed, but I just took the measurements and subtracted about half a centimeter from each side to make it have some wiggle room! Then I cut it out and filed in the two slots to make room for the panel clip-on mechanism! :)

Hehe, the more the merrier! It's nice to see other people's design and exchange ideas :) 

The custom sleeved cables are simply too stiff for doing the turn between the PSU and rad+fan, so I experimented a bit with mounting the PSU in other ways and came up with this... Maybe I should mount the PSU sideways? (The powercable still fits)... Please give me your opinion! Thanks for following!

IMG_20180309_220438__01.jpg

This literally took me over 10 hours :(

Not really that pleased with the result, but then again... At least the cables are getting trained for when I do the final build... That Strix card really doesn't fit at all!

0_IMG_20180309_064107.jpg

0_IMG_20180309_161551.jpg

0_IMG_20180309_165048.jpg

0_IMG_20180310_104858.jpg

0_IMG_20180310_104949.jpg

0_IMG_20180310_115831.jpg

0_IMG_20180310_115814.jpg

IMG_20180310_130511.jpg

IMG_20180310_131810__01.jpg

0_IMG_20180310_122956__01.jpg

0_IMG_20180310_122733__01__01__01.jpg

Hmm... my “turbo” GTX1080Ti is a lot smaller, and your cables are a lot thicker... i wouldn’t have an idea how to route the cables in your rig either :/ 

1 hour ago, Selder said:

Hmm... my “turbo” GTX1080Ti is a lot smaller, and your cables are a lot thicker... i wouldn’t have an idea how to route the cables in your rig either :/ 

And A LOT stiffer... I can barely bend the 24 pin ATX while holding it mid air! Imagine the nightmarish 10 hours of trying to bend every individual wire to it's approximate position until I finally succeeded!

Think I did a pretty neat job under the PSU... The cables won't move even if I press against them as hard as I can, but I'm still not that pleased with the cables under the GPU, so that's something to be fixed when I get the AIO mounting brackets and have to disassemble the build once again...

Another thing to be aware of is that I raised the GPU up by about six millimeters with the standoffs which I installed, and even then it still touches the tubes of the AIO... As I said, that GPU just doesn't fit in the case with an Asetek 545lc!

Hello again,

my last parts will probably arrive today.

Next I want to order cables from cablemod. What do you think of these cable lengths:

24 pin PSU: 130mm
  8 pin EPS: 230mm

I saw this at the user mikelorant in the hardforum 

Picture by mikelorant:

mikelorant.jpg.f1f703a9b6ab19d3e0b3c4aec434ba05.jpg

Alternatively, the user ndjwin from the hardforum uses the following cable lengths:

Picture by ndjwin:

img_7779-jpg.26269

For the SATA power cable to the HDD cage (with only one connector) and PCI-E for the graphics card I have not measured the length.

What do you think about the lengths? Or do you think I should rather make the cables longer to manage them like in the following picture?

Picture by Thatoe [LINK]:

221572.9cca8a614420b52bb39a2c7f96e51286.

I also plan to have the covers for the PSU and the graphics card made soon. Since yours is broken ... Can you possibly suggest a thickness of the plexiglass?

Then I plan to install possibly 2 fans (Akasa Slimfan) in the case (on top). I'm also considering mounting a fan over magnets or glue on the back of the power supply because my video card does not take up all the space. Whether this is useful, I dare to doubt.

Maybe I would like to mount a fanshroud on the case fan.

My build so far:

Case: DAN Cases A4-SFX V2
MB: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K 6x 3.60GHz (with Noctua NH-L9i)
PSU: Corsair SF450

GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition 6GB
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-2400 (will eventually be replaced by G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4-3000 Kit)

Other: BitFenix Alchemy 3.0 Addressable RGB-LED-Strip

If your question is what length power cable you should do, I frankly don't know. I just sleeved the Cables which came with the sf600! Allthough if you plan to use an asetek 545lc in the future, (at least with the way I've managed my cables) I really wouldn't recommend any of the cables being either shorter or longer! Everything just barely fits with almost no spare room or spare cable! Unless you can do some cable management wizardry which I'm not capable of! You do you!

2 hours ago, pwiepengel said:

Hello again,

my last parts will probably arrive today.

Next I want to order cables from cablemod. What do you think of these cable lengths:

I saw this at the user mikelorant in the hardforum 

Picture by mikelorant:

mikelorant.jpg.f1f703a9b6ab19d3e0b3c4aec434ba05.jpg

Alternatively, the user ndjwin from the hardforum uses the following cable lengths:

Picture by ndjwin:

img_7779-jpg.26269

For the SATA power cable to the HDD cage (with only one connector) and PCI-E for the graphics card I have not measured the length.

What do you think about the lengths? Or do you think I should rather make the cables longer to manage them like in the following picture?

Picture by Thatoe [LINK]:

221572.9cca8a614420b52bb39a2c7f96e51286.

I also plan to have the covers for the PSU and the graphics card made soon. Since yours is broken ... Can you possibly suggest a thickness of the plexiglass?

Then I plan to install possibly 2 fans (Akasa Slimfan) in the case (on top). I'm also considering mounting a fan over magnets or glue on the back of the power supply because my video card does not take up all the space. Whether this is useful, I dare to doubt.

Maybe I would like to mount a fanshroud on the case fan.

My build so far:

Case: DAN Cases A4-SFX V2
MB: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K 6x 3.60GHz (with Noctua NH-L9i)
PSU: Corsair SF450

GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition 6GB
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-2400 (will eventually be replaced by G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4-3000 Kit)

Other: BitFenix Alchemy 3.0 Addressable RGB-LED-Strip

Oh yeah, and for the plexiglas thickness, I'd suggest 3mm! That's about enough to have double sided tape stick to the sides as well!

So the Asetek 545lc mounting bracket finally arrived! Phew! Almost thought it wouldn't! I'm probably going to re-assemble the PC in the weekend with the watercooler installed on the CPU.

IMG_20180321_185407.jpg

I had some time off today, but I stayed at work and made these two fine things! Stay tuned!

IMG_20180322_081920.jpg

IMG_20180322_084353.jpg

So that's what one of the two pieces is going to be used for!

IMG_20180322_193322.jpg