Watery sound from AIO liquid cooler

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,

Before you do that. It is very common for AIOs to have air stuck in the pump, these things are not filled to the brim during production. Please try to follow the below instructions from Asetek (the pump OEM) before you try to RMA.

I have this problem on my new PC where my Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 has this constant sound of water running. It sounds like slowly filling a glass of water.

It's brand new and temps and everything is fine. It cools really well.

If I start tilting the PC to the side the sound dissappears completely but as soon as I make it stand up again it comes back.

One time when I turned on the PC the noise was just almost completely gone but after a restart it's back.

Radiator is front-mounted (with the tubes at the top) in s340 elite, pump connected to pump_fan header on mobo, I have not changed any fan curve or rpm settings.

Perhaps trapped air bubbles or not enough liquid inside. Which would suck a lot for you because generaly you cannot take apart AIOs. Return it I guess.

But I COULD be wrong.

yep, that's definitely an air bubble in your loop. it really doesn't hurt the cooling capacity of the cooler, but you can only get rid of teh sound by either getting the air out or putting more liquid in. so with an AIO i guess returning it would be the best option here. :(

Before you do that. It is very common for AIOs to have air stuck in the pump, these things are not filled to the brim during production. Please try to follow the below instructions from Asetek (the pump OEM) before you try to RMA.

8 minutes ago, For Science! said:

There is only one way my 240 radiator can be installed in my case and that is with the tubes at the top. If I flipped the radiator it would look weird but also the GPU is in the way of the tubes so it's not possible in my case.

I was actually able to get rid of the noise for now by running the system for a while on it's side, then shutting it off, waiting a while and running it in it's original position. It's possible the noise will come back. If so I will try the tips in the video. And if the noise comes back over and over again I guess I will contact Cooler Master and see if a RMA is needed.

Thanks alot for your answers.

• 4 years later...
On 2/9/2018 at 10:51 AM, NMS said:

Perhaps trapped air bubbles or not enough liquid inside. Which would suck a lot for you because generaly you cannot take apart AIOs. Return it I guess.

But I COULD be wrong.

Hi, I also have the 240l, and it makes a a water pouring sound once every time i start it up

Should I be worried?

5 hours ago, titoa said:

Hi, I also have the 240l, and it makes a a water pouring sound once every time i start it up

Should I be worried?

not realy.. as long as you hear it you know it's working 😄