Cheap PC build questions

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I was wondering two things; 1. What is the lowest price I could build a decent computer for light gaming? 2. What is the cheapest computer you guys have ever made, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Check my profile information. Lol

My cheapest pc is probably 200$ 

i5 4570

8gb ram 

750 ti 

What kind of games do you want to play you courd just buy 150$ prebuilt and toss in a 1050 ti but with prices right now  or a 750 ti and be able to play games like cs go rocket league @ 60 fps  and gta 5 @  30 fps

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

1. If by light gaming, you mean 720p low, then ~$500, because of gpu/ram prices, maybe you could fit a 1050 in that budget.

2. ~$330 was my first build, no monitor (used a tv), no keyboard (used an old one), no gpu (i didn't have the money) and I gamed on an igpu on an i5 6400-t.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

15 hours ago, Vernw3 said:

My cheapest pc is probably 200$ 

i5 4570

8gb ram 

750 ti 

What kind of games do you want to play you courd just buy 150$ prebuilt and toss in a 1050 ti but with prices right now  or a 750 ti and be able to play games like cs go rocket league @ 60 fps  and gta 5 @  30 fps

$200? Dang. I didn't think you could go that low and have more the 4gb of ram. And, I would probably play games like Rocket League.

Cheapest build I have ever done is this (actually made 2 but one is a precision tower instead of a optiplex SSF) but with most of these parts being free. I replied in another thread with this build when somebody asked for a cheap build.

Now I got most of these parts for free or I previously had them but just as an example you could build something like this. This PC for me is a guest PC for lan parties so the types of games I play are: CSGO/TF2/Halo/Quake/Warcraft 3-dota2 customs/SAMP shit like that. Obviously since newer games dont have lan play its not an issue for this purpose.

If you want to know how good it is I can get CS:GO to run at over 60 fps but my preference is 800x600 black bars so YMMV if you like 16:9 resolution (idk why anyone would). Same goes for other FPS games 4:3 master race, non FPS games do work at 16:9 resolutions at over 60 fps in general this build is good enough for this which I would consider "Light gaming". What games do you consider light gaming? probably will dictate if this kind of build would work for you.

1 hour ago, Ckdota said:

Cheapest build I have ever done is this (actually made 2 but one is a precision tower instead of a optiplex SSF) but with most of these parts being free. I replied in another thread with this build when somebody asked for a cheap build.

Now I got most of these parts for free or I previously had them but just as an example you could build something like this. This PC for me is a guest PC for lan parties so the types of games I play are: CSGO/TF2/Halo/Quake/Warcraft 3-dota2 customs/SAMP shit like that. Obviously since newer games dont have lan play its not an issue for this purpose.

If you want to know how good it is I can get CS:GO to run at over 60 fps but my preference is 800x600 black bars so YMMV if you like 16:9 resolution (idk why anyone would). Same goes for other FPS games 4:3 master race, non FPS games do work at 16:9 resolutions at over 60 fps in general this build is good enough for this which I would consider "Light gaming". What games do you consider light gaming? probably will dictate if this kind of build would work for you.

Wow. I didn't think you could go this low in terms of price! 

If you ever watched scrapyard wars in the 3rd season both linus and luke used a q6600 to get the best price-performance ratio which inspired me to check it out for myself. I tried payday 2 on that optiplex btw probably one of the most cpu heavy "casual" games right now and it shit the bed.

The alternative however is a little more tedious but you could build a dual cpu system for about 300 bucks YMMV.

A motherboard similar to this: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-Micro-X8DTL-iF-LGA-1366-ATX-with-2-x-Xeon-E5520-I-O-Shield-and-fans/273045643005?hash=item3f92c9defd:g:rw8AAOSwXLpZ2r68

2 cpus like this: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5670-12M-Cache-2-93-GHz-6-40-GT-s-Intel-QPI-SLBV7/323057893825?hash=item4b37c041c1:g:NrMAAOSwzZ1aejed

As much of this ram as you want: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-4GB-8GB-16GB-32GB-LR-DDR3-1333-1600MHZ-ECC-REG-Registered-Server-ram-LOT/362204359811?hash=item54550fec83:m:mWZjoc7-inPurU9Z-fp_cGA

A large ATX case to hold that big ass motherboard and dont forget most importantly a USB 3.0 pci express card because most of these boards have only 2 USB ports.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:59 PM, Aaron_Blue01 said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I was wondering two things; 1. What is the lowest price I could build a decent computer for light gaming? 2. What is the cheapest computer you guys have ever made, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Go to your local university/public school, and ask if they have any older PCs slated for recycling. They'll give you something with a Core 2 Duo or something along those lines for free. Make sure it's at least core 2/Pentium dual core and not pentium 4. Grab a Q6600 or Q8400 from eBay depending on which one your computer supports, 8GB of DDR2-800, and a GTX 660, HD7850, GTX 750ti or something like that. Budget $80 for GPU, $15-18 for Ram, and $10 for CPU. Total of about $120

This will get you through most 1080p titles at low or medium if you're okay with 30fps, and you'll save up more in the long run.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

• 3 months later...

I need a bit of help , im thinking about getting a 750 ti, i5 3470 , 8gb of 1600 MHz RAM - the price is 250 euros, so i was wondering is it capable of playing such games as fornite , gta 5 , league of legends and dota 2 on good settings ... I plan on adding a 1050ti / 1060 ( if it doesnt bottleneck) in September ( if i buy this ofcourse)

On 2/8/2018 at 6:29 AM, Aaron_Blue01 said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

My first build was $850

Pentium 3 733mhz

256mb ram

40gb maxtor HDD

PC's were way too much overpriced back then... 

But my cheapest "gaming" PC would be around $400-500....

Core2quad q8400

4gb ram

Radeon 5870

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W