PC not booking stuck on black screen with spinning whell

My PC will not boot it just displays a black screen with a spinning wheel I have unplugged everything that is not necessary and it still will not work I have two os's the other one is fine when I accessed the drive the other os is on it said the recycle bin was corrupt is there any software that I can use to fix windows files on a drive?

try a startup repair disc

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

You can try running the Windows Repair tool. Can't say I've ever used it myself so I'm not sure what it will do for you.

How long do you let the wheel spin for? Unless it outright freezes I would assume it's still thinking unless it's stuck in some process loop which I would think would be an indication of some sort of corruption.

It could also potentially be a hardware issue. I've had hardware cause strange bugs within the OS until I replaced the component.

15 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

try a startup repair disc

Can't do this because the os was originally a VM so usb/DVD repair it does not recognize it.

13 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

You can try running the Windows Repair tool. Can't say I've ever used it myself so I'm not sure what it will do for you.

How long do you let the wheel spin for? Unless it outright freezes I would assume it's still thinking unless it's stuck in some process loop which I would think would be an indication of some sort of corruption.

It could also potentially be a hardware issue. I've had hardware cause strange bugs within the OS until I replaced the component.

It spins for ever and I can't get into windows repair tool

1 minute ago, On Board Administrator said:

It spins for ever and I can't get into windows repair tool

You'll have to try the windows installation cd and click repair.

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

You'll have to try the windows installation cd and click repair.i have tried this but it does not recognize the os because it was a VM before

24 minutes ago, On Board Administrator said:

Can't do this because the os was originally a VM so usb/DVD repair it does not recognize it.

Is there any way you could fire it up as a virtual machine again and try to repair it from there mounting an ISO of a repair disk or something?

If not, well I'd just pull whatever you can off there to backup from the other OS that's working and reinstall windows at this point.

Honestly, even if you repair it and get it working somewhat, there will probably still be some underlying issues that don't get fixed so a complete reinstall at this point is advisable.