Need help choosing an PSU

35 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

No it doesn't? The APU is going to be $169 when it comes out, it simply replaces the R5 1500X

The iGPU doesn't cost any extra, and goes inactive once you put in a dedicated GPU just like an intel CPU.

I am keeping the set up I have I would only change the Graphic card if it will go on a intel mother board 

1 minute ago, Austin243 said:

I am keeping the set up I have I would only change the Graphic card if it will go on a intel mother board 

You really don't seem to understand what I'm suggesting, you're better off saving your money while GPU pricing is insane and putting that towards a next gen GPU, that will get you say 1070/Vega 56 performance at around $300

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

34 minutes ago, seon123 said:

How does it cost more to get a $400 PC and to later add a $200 GPU, than to buy a $600 PC with an overpriced, worse performing GPU? Pricing is a very rough estimate

How is it worse performing 

Just now, Austin243 said:

Assuming you save your money until GPU pricing is back to normal, the RX 570 is about 50% faster than the 1050ti last I checked, and will be $200 or less at MSRP.

Or you'll get 1070/Vega 56 Performance at $300 with the next generation GPUs.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You really don't seem to understand what I'm suggesting, you're better off saving your money while GPU pricing is insane and putting that towards a next gen GPU, that will get you say 1070/Vega 56 performance at around $300

Will the rx550 go on that mother board then yea I will get it but I don't want to change the whole setup

A 1050 Ti will perform significantly worse than an RX470/570, RX480/580, 1060 3/6GB, 1070, Vega 56, 980, 980 Ti etc. GPU prices are inflated right now, that might change soon-ish

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

A 1050 Ti will perform significantly worse than an RX470/570, RX480/580, 1060 3/6GB, 1070, Vega 56, 980, 980 Ti etc. GPU prices are inflated right now, that might change soon-ish

So which one do you recommend to put in my build with out changing the mother board and the whole thing really 

So which one do you recommend to put in my build with out changing the mother board and the whole thing really 

You won't have to change the motherboard for any of them. With the current pricing, you should avoid buying a dGPU if possible

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

You won't have to change the motherboard for any of them. With the current pricing, you should avoid buying a dGPU if possible

What is a dGPU 

What is a dGPU 

Discrete GPU. Any PCIe graphics card. 

Just now, seon123 said:

Discrete GPU. Any PCIe graphics card. 

So the rx550 will work on any mother board 

So the rx550 will work on any mother board 

Yes. However what @Streetguru was suggesting was to get the 2400G, which will perform like the RX 550. Not buying an RX 550 (if I understood him correctly)

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Yes. However what @Streetguru was suggesting was to get the 2400G, which will perform like the RX 550. Not buying an RX 550 (if I understood him correctly)

What is the graphic card called ?

What is the graphic card called ?

What graphics card? The 2400G has an integrated GPU that performs like the RX 550

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

What graphics card? The 2400G has an integrated GPU that performs like the RX 550

Is the 2400G a mother board?

Is the 2400G a mother board?

It's a CPU

Just now, seon123 said:

It's a CPU

I would have to change the mother board because the z370 only supports 8th gen intel

4 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

I would have to change the mother board because the z370 only supports 8th gen intel

Yes. A B350 or X370 board

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

Yes. A B350 or X370 board

I am just gonna stick with an 1050ti

3 hours ago, Austin243 said:

I am just gonna stick with an 1050ti

That's just not a good idea IMO, look at the thread I made with the parts list in it, it's only $70 for an AB350 ASrock AM4 board with an alright VRM, of course you need wait until the 12th so new motherboards come out with the APUs so they have the latest BIOS update.

the "RX 550" is already inside the CPU package, just like the intel graphics, except the Radeon graphics aren't terrible for what they are.

$70-80 for the motherboard, $169 for the R5 2400G, and then whatever cheap 3000+mhz RAM you can find.

I don't mean to sound like an elitist or anything, but you clearly came here asking for help, and I'm trying to save you from wasting money during these dark times of high GPU pricing, and get you more performance for your money in the future.

Unless you already purchased the Z370 motherboard?

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Austin243 said:

I have a z370 auras gaming 5 a gtx 1050ti 16gb ram 2x8 coriar vengeance LPX a cool master 212x 2tbHHD 500gbSSD intel i5 8400 

A system like this will do quite well with a Corsair CX450 or CXM450. More expensive an better would be something like a Seasonic Focus Gold 450. If you want a little more capacity, 550W should be quite sufficient. Corsair CX550 (2017) or SeaSonic SSR-550FM.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

That's just not a good idea IMO, look at the thread I made with the parts list in it, it's only $70 for an AB350 ASrock AM4 board with an alright VRM, of course you need wait until the 12th so new motherboards come out with the APUs so they have the latest BIOS update.

the "RX 550" is already inside the CPU package, just like the intel graphics, except the Radeon graphics aren't terrible for what they are.

$70-80 for the motherboard, $169 for the R5 2400G, and then whatever cheap 3000+mhz RAM you can find.

I don't mean to sound like an elitist or anything, but you clearly came here asking for help, and I'm trying to save you from wasting money during these dark times of high GPU pricing, and get you more performance for your money in the future.

Unless you already purchased the Z370 motherboard?

I worked some prices out and got an gtx 1060 6gb for the same price all together 

3 hours ago, Austin243 said:

I worked some prices out and got an gtx 1060 6gb for the same price all together 

Where did you get a 1060 6GB for $250?

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Where did you get a 1060 6GB for $250?

Not 250 350