Need help choosing an PSU

I need help choosing a PSU I was looking at the( Evga 650w bronze Bq ) but didn't know if that was reliable 

What is your system? Specs?

the one you mentioned is reliable.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

12 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

I need help choosing a PSU I was looking at the( Evga 650w bronze Bq ) but didn't know if that was reliable 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

All you ever wanted to know about PSUs.

Pick the highest tier you can afford with the wattage you need and you will have made a solid choice.

19 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

Build/budget/country/what are you using it for and what's your monitor set up?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

21 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

What is your system? Specs?

the one you mentioned is reliable.

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Build/budget/country/what are you using it for and what's your monitor set up?

Usa and around the same price as the other one like 65 or so and not a super build but a little over standard 

11 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Pick the highest tier you can afford with the wattage you need and you will have made a solid choice.

I know about them just not brands and are bronze safe to use or should I got with silver 

6 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

I know about them just not brands and are bronze safe to use or should I got with silver 

Ignore the PSU question for now, need to figure out if you're doing the right build for your budget and what you want to do with it, and what your monitor is if you're gaming.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

So if you're reluctant to post your components but have done your homework on the power you need; Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum are all certifications for efficiency. Bronze will not be as efficient meaning it will give off more heat than a Silver, Gold, etc and in some cases the total power output should be de-rated based off of the efficiency. Manufacturers use better components (i.e. super caps) to increase their efficiency and improving their power curve. There is nothing wrong with using a Bronze rated PSU from a reputable company but if you want a little better PSU, go Silver.

1 minute ago, Sickshooter0 said:

So if you're reluctant to post your components but have done your homework on the power you need; Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum are all certifications for efficiency. Bronze will not be as efficient meaning it will give off more heat than a Silver, Gold, etc and in some cases the total power output should be de-rated based off of the efficiency. Manufacturers use better components (i.e. super caps) to increase their efficiency and improving their power curve. There is nothing wrong with using a Bronze rated PSU from a reputable company but if you want a little better PSU, go Silver.

Would you go with the evga b3 or bq 

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Ignore the PSU question for now, need to figure out if you're doing the right build for your budget and what you want to do with it, and what your monitor is if you're gaming.

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

A.) What are your specs?

B.) What are you looking for besides reliability, i.e. specific wattage, or whether it's fully modular, semi modular, or not modular? 

C.) Is there a specific brand you like more than others?

D.) Am I asking too many questions?

I have a z370 auras gaming 5 a gtx 1050ti 16gb ram 2x8 coriar vengeance LPX a cool master 212x 2tbHHD 500gbSSD intel i5 8400 

4 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

The BQ is fully modular and has 3 x 6+2-Pin PCIE and 6 x SATA connections. The B3 is semi-modular with 2x 8-Pin (6+2), 2x 6-pin PCIE and 7 x SATA. It really depends what you need (and that is why other people trying to help when asking for the specs of the build).

I have a z370 auras gaming 5 a gtx 1050ti 16gb ram 2x8 coriar vengeance LPX a cool master 212x 2tbHHD 500gbSSD intel i5 8400 

So why a 500GB SSD, and aren't 1050tis still overpriced right now? an R5 1600 is going to be a better value in general IMO.

If you're only gaming at 1080p 60hz I'd highly suggest you'd save money and just get an APU rig when they launch on the 12th

Spoiler

1 hour ago, TheGlenlivet said:

That thing is completely outdated. We have an up to date on pinned to the PSUs and cases section.

56 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

Brand doesn't matter. All brands are equally capable of selling crap. Efficiency doesn't tell anything about how good a PSU actually is. 

43 minutes ago, Sickshooter0 said:

There is nothing wrong with using a Bronze rated PSU from a reputable company but if you want a little better PSU, go Silver

Good luck finding a Silver rated PSU. Most manufacturers just rate then for bronze or silver. And efficiency doesn't tell anything about how good a PSU is.

42 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

The B3 is a bit of a fire hazard, and the BQ is not very good.

34 minutes ago, Sickshooter0 said:

The BQ is fully modular and has 3 x 6+2-Pin PCIE and 6 x SATA connections. The B3 is semi-modular with 2x 8-Pin (6+2), 2x 6-pin PCIE and 7 x SATA. It really depends what you need (and that is why other people trying to help when asking for the specs of the build).

The BQ is semi modular, the B3 is fully modular. The connectors depend on what wattage model you look at. 

38 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

What's the build for? Why are you getting a 212X for an 8400?

:)

37 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

So why a 500GB SSD, and aren't 1050tis still overpriced right now? an R5 1600 is going to be a better value in general IMO.

If you're only gaming at 1080p 60hz I'd highly suggest you'd save money and just get an APU rig when they launch on the 12th

How much would one of those cost and all most every graphic card are still over priced if you have one that's not please tell me

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That thing is completely outdated. We have an up to date on pinned to the PSUs and cases section.

Brand doesn't matter. All brands are equally capable of selling crap. Efficiency doesn't tell anything about how good a PSU actually is. 

Good luck finding a Silver rated PSU. Most manufacturers just rate then for bronze or silver. And efficiency doesn't tell anything about how good a PSU is.

The B3 is a bit of a fire hazard, and the BQ is not very good.

The BQ is semi modular, the B3 is fully modular. The connectors depend on what wattage model you look at. 

What's the build for? Why are you getting a 212X for an 8400?

Would a corair cx650m be a good reputable PSU

3 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

Would a corair cx650m be a good reputable PSU

Why do you want such a high wattage? For a 1050 Ti, a 200W PSU is enough. If you want room for upgrades up to a 1080, you could get a Whisper M 450W. Some decent 550W PSUs are the TXM and Focus Plus Gold

9 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

How much would one of those cost and all most every graphic card are still over priced if you have one that's not please tell me

Check the thread it includes an entire build list, that's probably outdated

the R5 1400  + RX 550 APU is going to be just $169, and should be pretty alright at 1080p gaming

Then you just pair it with one of the new motherboards that'll have the newest BIOS, and 3000mhz or better RAM and you're set.

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Check the thread it includes an entire build list, that's probably outdated

the R5 1400  + RX 550 APU is going to be just $169, and should be pretty alright at 1080p gaming

Then you just pair it with one of the new motherboards that'll have the newest BIOS, and 3000mhz or better RAM and you're set.

I am more of a nivida guy myself never have used the rx550

13 minutes ago, Austin243 said:

I am more of a nivida guy myself

That doesn't make any sense to me though

The APU's on die GPU is around equal to an RX 550 in performance

mostly it should be able to hold you over until next gen GPUs are out, or GPU pricing is back to normal

Namely it should just be pretty great for the money, 1080p gaming for around $600 or less with decent components, or $400 if you go lower end

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Brand doesn't matter. All brands are equally capable of selling crap.

True but some vendors actually care about their "brand" tarnished by sub-par products.

56 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Most manufacturers just rate then for bronze or silver. And efficiency doesn't tell anything about how good a PSU is.

Manufacturers who advertise an 80 PLUS Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum submit their products to Ecos Consulting who evaluates the PSU's and certifies the rating; otherwise the rating is useless.

Efficiency is simply the difference between the input and output power and almost all the loss is dissipated in the form of heat. If you compare 2-960W PSUs; one rated at 85% and the other at 93%, the calculated heat loss from the 85% is close to 169W. That's burning a 100W incandescent bulb in your case and heat is the major cause of component failure.

The general rule of thumb as published by the capacitor manufacturers is that every 10°C increase in temperature results in a 50% decrease in life for the capacitor.

5 minutes ago, Sickshooter0 said:

True but some vendors actually care about their "brand" tarnished by sub-par products.

Manufacturers who advertise an 80 PLUS Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum submit their products to Ecos Consulting who evaluates the PSU's and certifies the rating; otherwise the rating is useless.

Efficiency is simply the difference between the input and output power and almost all the loss is dissipated in the form of heat. If you compare 2-960W PSUs; one rated at 85% and the other at 93%, the calculated heat loss from the 85% is close to 169W. That's burning a 100W incandescent bulb in your case and heat is the major cause of component failure.

The general rule of thumb as published by the capacitor manufacturers is that every 10°C increase in temperature results in a 50% decrease in life for the capacitor.

So is a corsair cx650m which tops out at 45c good?

1 minute ago, Sickshooter0 said:

Not really. Corsair has the VS, EVGA has about a billion different crappy ones, Cooler Master has the B2, Seasonic has the S12 and M12, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Sickshooter0 said:

I'm aware of what efficiency is. 

There's a whole lot more to a PSU than the efficiency and brand, and what we actually care about is the DC output, protections, and the noise level. 

Any PSU from any decent brand is rated to run 24/7 at maximum load at their maximum rated temperature for the entirety of their warranty. 

PSUs have a temperature controlled fan and heatsinks, you know. 

31 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

That doesn't make any sense to me though

The APU's on die GPU is around equal to an RX 550 in performance

mostly it should be able to hold you over until next gen GPUs are out, or GPU pricing is back to normal

Namely it should just be pretty great for the money, 1080p gaming for around $600 or less with decent components, or $400 if you go lower end

Yea but in the long run it will cost me more money having to buy another graphic card 

1 minute ago, Austin243 said:

Yea but in the long run it will cost me more money having to buy another graphic card 

No it doesn't? The APU is going to be $169 when it comes out, it simply replaces the R5 1500X

The iGPU doesn't cost any extra, and goes inactive once you put in a dedicated GPU just like an intel CPU.

Spoiler

How does it cost more to get a $400 PC and to later add a $200 GPU, than to buy a $600 PC with an overpriced, worse performing GPU? Pricing is a very rough estimate