Monitor Issues

xFluing

I have two monitors, as you're about to see in the video, however the one on the left (ASUS VH228) has some issues with the backlight, I think, there's a blue haze constantly which is most noticeable when looking at black, however the monitor on the right (Samsung SyncMaster 2243NW) does not have this same issue, does that mean the Asus is TN and Samsung an IPS? Are they both TN but the Asus is shittier because it was cheap? I really need help because this will influence my monitor purchasing decisions for the future.

Edit: I'm making this post because I can't find anything about the panel type they use by googling

Here is the video demonstrating my issue: 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

There is a good chance that the ASUS panel is TN, and I have seen many TN monitors exhibit this same issue. Sorry bud... but welcome to TN. That's why I use IPS only. Apart from the viewing angle and color differences.

It's OK, I'm not too fond of the asus monitor, I've had it for quite a while too anyway, and since I discovered how much better this samsung one is I switched to it in a heartbeat.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

17 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Still, I would use it as a secondary monitor though. 

And that's what I do, I keep the Asus (TN) as secondary and Samsung (which I guess is IPS then) as my primary

The Samsung may also be a VA panel. The easiest way to tell your panel type, is if you try to view it on an angle, a TN look bad pretty much instantly, IPS can almost go side on without losing the image, and VA is between them (I have no experience with VA so I can't speak from experience). Your issue pretty much the fact your monitor is old and broken, not so much because it is TN (providing it is). I've had my TN monitors since 2014 and they still look perfect (for what they are).

The pros of IPS is the amazing color range and viewing angles. TN is not bad, but you will notice the difference if you've used an IPS before. On the same note, a TN panel is typically faster more reliable, being less prone to backlight bleed and dead pixels.

Hope this response helped.

3 minutes ago, vizzaral said:

The Samsung may also be a VA panel. The easiest way to tell your panel type, is if you try to view it on an angle, a TN look bad pretty much instantly, IPS can almost go side on without losing the image, and VA is between them (I have no experience with VA so I can't speak from experience). Your issue pretty much the fact your monitor is old and broken, not so much because it is TN (providing it is). I've had my TN monitors since 2014 and they still look perfect (for what they are).

The pros of IPS is the amazing color range and viewing angles. TN is not bad, but you will notice the difference if you've used an IPS before. On the same note, a TN panel is typically faster more reliable, being less prone to backlight bleed and dead pixels.

Hope this response helped.

I can look at my samsung side on and still see everything clearly, it shifts colours only when looking from above.