just got my first desktop could use some help plz

Joeballs187
Go to solution Solved by r3loAded,
1 minute ago, Joeballs187 said:

1 600$

2 yes i did bought it 

3 400$ left 

Ok. Clearer now. To be honest is kind of hard to recommend something now after you already bought that PC. But you got some options:

1. Do what others suggested - upgrade the PC you bought with a new CPU, maybe motherboard, and maybe some decent cooling if overclocking is something that you might consider. Also you need to upgrade the PSU as well if you buy a more power hungry GPU. Also take into consideration that this kind of thing requires a little bit of knowledge, which I'm almost sure that the people who suggested that will gladly help you.

2. Go with my recommendation - another 4GB of ram, an SSD and one of the 3 GPUs I suggested - and use the PC as it is and later when you have a decent amount of money saved you sell this PC and put the money towards a new build, alongside with your savings.

3. Don't invest anything in it, put it up for sale locally, and try to get as close as possible to price you paid for it - try to reduce the loses as much as possible and save up the money until you can get a new, better build.

1 minute ago, Joeballs187 said:

1 600$

2 yes i did bought it 

3 400$ left 

Ok. Clearer now. To be honest is kind of hard to recommend something now after you already bought that PC. But you got some options:

1. Do what others suggested - upgrade the PC you bought with a new CPU, maybe motherboard, and maybe some decent cooling if overclocking is something that you might consider. Also you need to upgrade the PSU as well if you buy a more power hungry GPU. Also take into consideration that this kind of thing requires a little bit of knowledge, which I'm almost sure that the people who suggested that will gladly help you.

2. Go with my recommendation - another 4GB of ram, an SSD and one of the 3 GPUs I suggested - and use the PC as it is and later when you have a decent amount of money saved you sell this PC and put the money towards a new build, alongside with your savings.

3. Don't invest anything in it, put it up for sale locally, and try to get as close as possible to price you paid for it - try to reduce the loses as much as possible and save up the money until you can get a new, better build.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

12 minutes ago, Joeballs187 said:

and i am American i have a learning disability i don't spell well my grammar is imperfect sorry 

I'm half sorry (because I'm a cold bastard):

1. Because I judged you as an American but didn't knew about your condition.

2. Sorry for your condition and that you have to go through this.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

2 hours ago, r3loAded said:

The PC is bad for value as a whole.

If you want to put a GTX 970 in it, you'll have to change the power supply for sure.

Don't buy 16gb of ram. Just buy another stick of 4gb for now to make 8GB in total and call in the day.

And for the love of god, please write in English correctly. I know you're not writing emails or novels, but bare minimum. For the sake of our brains and eyes. (you should be able to do that better than others as English is your native language)

how do you know eng is his native lang ?

4 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

how do you know eng is his native lang ?

Edit your post after you have read all the posts after this one. Please don't post just for the sake of posting.

Read everything and them reply. Simple as that. I know you can do it. Not the first time, obviously, but you get a second chance ;)

Just now, r3loAded said:

Edit your post after you have read all the posts after. Please don't post just for the sake of posting.

Read everything and them reply. Simple as that. I know you can do it. Not the first time, obviously, but you get a second chance ;)

so , you have so much time and patience as to go ahead and read 3 pages just to comfirm that the guy ( OP ) is a native eng speaker? It's only you sailing that boat,  don't include me and for that matter anyone else in this world as im pretty sure the majority would agree that it's a complete waste of time

4 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Edit your post after you have read all the posts after this one. Please don't post just for the sake of posting.

I mean , do you really REALLY think anyone apart from you, would read and take notes out of every post in a 3 pages long post , just to confirm a question that could be answered by a guy like you with a yes or a no ? PLS...

6 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

so , you have so much time and patience as to go ahead and read 3 pages just to comfirm that the guy ( OP ) is a native eng speaker? It's only you sailing that boat,  don't include me and for that matter anyone else in this world as im pretty sure the majority would agree that it's a complete waste of time

If you don't feel like reading 3 pages, or at least between the lines where the nationality of the OP is in concern, why bothering to ask? Why ask something in the first place if you got an equation where you have not info about?

8 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

just to confirm a question that could be answered by a guy like you with a yes or a no ?

How should I answer to this question ""how do you know eng is his native lang ? "" with yes or no? Please enlighten me.

10 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

do you really REALLY think anyone apart from you

I know. I'm special. You need special powers to do this. It's more important to just ask than to read if it has already been debated and solved.

My god, some of you people, you are just something. And you come on this forum and demand respect and help.

Guys, give him a break. Stop being salty, its like the Destiny games...if you don't like the content then go away. (i hate destiny..) You think he's typing to troll or something? Did you even consider he may have learning difficulties? 

Anyway, my advice (the best advice ;)) when the PC arrives play with it and you will conclude yourself if you want to buy more parts and if so what parts you want. You may only want RAM for games or an SSD for your OS, or you might have enough fun as is. After playing for a week post a topic on the specific issues you want resolved first and people on the forum can advice what hardware or tweaks will resolve it.

Either way its going to be fun! I was playing with a rubbish laptop at first trying to get well farcry 1 to run. When it finally did it felt a bigger triumph than completing the game.

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

41 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

Guys, give him a break. Stop being salty, its like the Destiny games...if you don't like the content then go away. (i hate destiny..) You think he's typing to troll or something? Did you even consider he may have learning difficulties? 

Anyway, my advice (the best advice ;)) when the PC arrives play with it and you will conclude yourself if you want to buy more parts and if so what parts you want. You may only want RAM for games or an SSD for your OS, or you might have enough fun as is. After playing for a week post a topic on the specific issues you want resolved first and people on the forum can advice what hardware or tweaks will resolve it.

Either way its going to be fun! I was playing with a rubbish laptop at first trying to get well farcry 1 to run. When it finally did it felt a bigger triumph than completing the game.

that's beautiful buddy and yea i have a learning disability i dont like talking about it i downloaded Grammarly thought so maybe that will help idk 

4 hours ago, r3loAded said:

I know. I'm special. You need special powers to do this. It's more important to just ask than to read if it has already been debated and solved.

what has been debated and solved? the question about him being or not being a native eng speaker? yeah , i guess not... u dont even understand what this whole thing is about. U completely took one thing i said and sticked a bunch of useless branches of info that i frankly dont give a damn about.

It is a VERY simple question . WHY THE F SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND READ 3 PAGES WHEN U CAN ANSWEAR WITH ''YES HE IS , HE SAID THAT EARLIER'' 

You have problems.

53 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

It is a VERY simple question . WHY THE F SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND READ 3 PAGES WHEN U CAN ANSWEAR WITH ''YES HE IS , HE SAID THAT EARLIER'' 

You have problems

Well, now that you managed to express yourself properly I can understand your question and the answer is:  Yes.

I know I have problems, I admit. Maybe not as big as some would guess but yeah, don't we all have?

That's about my last reply here. Cheers.

that is not a wise $200+ but i'll help you make the best of what you have left over. get another 4 gig ram. purchase a ssd. clean install windows, or better yet, linux on on the ssd. get a lower end gpu like 1050 or 470 if you want to game. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

15 hours ago, Joeballs187 said:

this is the pc i just got https://www.ebay.com/itm/401484149301 looks ok but what do i know i say i7 and was like ok on it cool but im under not dilushion that i have no idea what im doing just love watching linus talk about computers and wana learn to play to i dont wana be left out of the fun right so i got one i have about 350 left to spend maybe i could do 400 i trust ill be able to make a ok pc but geting some help would be amazing becouse i again have no idea what im doing i just got hyped and now im in over my head but thats ok maybe i can make a freind in the prosses of this all lol any ways if any one sees any graring flows in this pc i only see 4gb of ram is bad i fond 16gb for 100 i think thats probly a good price then a cheap graphics card but i think the mother borad would loss the windows then right so thats 100+ right so ill loss value becouse for the pc whatever so thats 200 then 200 for a graphics card i think the gtx970 looks like a bad ass but idk im such a pleb plz help idk if i even am looking at this right i hope some one sees this

Regarding in the OPs PC, it should still be decent. Not great, but decent.

I am currently using my old rig (while my X99 5820k is down to install a Noctua Dh15)which is similar to be the eBay listing. I refurbished it a bit.

Intel Dp55wb with i7-860 and Hyper T-212 cooler added

8 gigs of Kingston ram

Amd 5850 with a replacement fan (running 85 hertz on a 144 hertz monitor)

Antec 450 psu with a replacement Noctua fan.

The original Maxtor 500 gig hard and a newer Patriot blaze ssd to replace the old Intel 40 g ssd.

Only playing Steam Games and World of Warships as of now. Wows runs about 65-75 fps on medium settings and a moderate temp of about 60ish degrees.

The PC functions and she's more reliable work horse than race horse.