Computer can't find 2.4 ghz networks

Hi, i recently tried to connect my pc (Asrock Beebox) to my wireless network. Im running Windows 10 but i cant find my 2.4GHz network, it can connect to other 5GHz networks without any problems. And i can't use 5Ghz on this network because the modem doesn't support it. Can anyone help?

Can you see the network on other devices? If this is indeed a modem than its a modem/router combo from your ISP and I would just make sure wireless is enable on it. But I would just do a quick check with another wireless device first. 

It's a "portable" modem/router combo with a sim card, and i can connect all my other devices to the network.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:37 PM, Willi said:

Hi, i recently tried to connect my pc (Asrock Beebox) to my wireless network. Im running Windows 10 but i cant find my 2.4GHz network, it can connect to other 5GHz networks without any problems. And i can't use 5Ghz on this network because the modem doesn't support it. Can anyone help?

Hey Willi, my guess is that the adapter is configured to only look for thr 5GHz band. I suggest you try the following..might work..

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Navigate to Network Adapters -> Your wireless adapter

3. Right click the necessary network adatper -> Properties -> Advanced tab

4. Set the preferred band to "No preference".

My prediction is that this could remove the single band preference and open up your router to look for other frequency bands as well. Let me know if it works or if my suggestion was useless. Cheers!

Praveen.

Capture.PNG.8636282c8169d13a0d13393a30247689.PNG

Mobile workstation: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - i7-4710MQ | NVidia Quadro K1100M | 8GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD