Only games crashing after new ram install

Skaldwo

ok so basically i have purchased 2x8 gb sticks from corsair installed no problems runs normally that is until i start playing games the crashes can occur 5-15 mins into game session i have loaded all settings stated by corsair for the sticks timing and voltage any idea what could be causing it?

my specs

msi b350m bazooka

ryzen 5 1400 oc'd to 3.7ghz

corsair DDR4 2x8 2666 mhz dual channel ram

MSI RX580 OC 4gb

Off the bat, based off the idea that the new ram is all you changed, maybe one of them came defective 

And due to the odd nature of hardware failure, maybe it only fails when the ram gets loaded down

I'm guessing eventually the computer loads something into a bad section and poof

But before we go that far, when you say crash, does the computer shutdown, or does the game just close?

What exactly happens? any errors codes?

Edited by ElSeniorTaco

17 hours ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

Off the bat, based off the idea that the new ram is all you changed, maybe one of them came defective 

And due to the odd nature of hardware failure, maybe it only fails when the ram gets loaded down

I'm guessing eventually the computer loads something into a bad section and poof

But before we go that far, when you say crash, does the computer shutdown, or does the game just close?

What exactly happens? any errors codes?

figured it out. for some reason my MB was defaulting to 1.3v for the memory just dropped it to 1.2 and boom works fine

25 minutes ago, Skaldwo said:

figured it out. for some reason my MB was defaulting to 1.3v for the memory just dropped it to 1.2 and boom works fine

Make sure your timings and frequency are correct too. You can find this information on the product page like on amazon or newegg. Use the ram's model number to check since there are a lot of different types of corsair DDR4 ram. You can also find this information printed on the side of the ram sticks themselves.