mAtx b350 motherboard recommendation

Go to solution Solved by Overlandr,
Just now, NewBieDavid said:

no bois updates

MSI it is for you then xD

Hello guys !
I am getting the Ryzen 5 1600 and just cant decide on a motherboard yet because I'm going Matx and there is waaay less options than ATX .

I'm going for a red/black color scheme with Trident Z 3200Mhz Ram so even less options.

The choices I came across so far are : 
MSI B350M GAMING (only 2 ram slots so I don't know)

and the actual 2 choices I cant decide upon
Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Matx
MSI B350M MORTAR

I'm looking to overclock my Ryzen cpu so I'm looking for a stable motherboards that can handle higher Voltage.

Thanks ! 

Why not get cheaper RAM and spend more on the CPU? And I would go for the B350 motherboard as they are cheaper and don't much missing spec wise. If you get a 16GB kit of RAM then you wont need to worry about getting more even if you only have 2 DIMM slots. mATX will be better as they are usually cheaper.

8 minutes ago, Overlandr said:

Why not get cheaper RAM and spend more on the CPU? And I would go for the B350 motherboard as they are cheaper and don't much missing spec wise. If you get a 16GB kit of RAM then you wont need to worry about getting more even if you only have 2 DIMM slots. mATX will be better as they are usually cheaper.

Well to answer your question, The Trident Z are just as expensive as any other ddr4 3200 kit in germany so I thought spending extra 3 bucks for the Trident Z should be worth it since RAM prices have gone skyrocketing lately..
And Yes I'm going for a b350 motherboard but I'm torn between the Mortar and the gigabyte one ..

Just now, Overlandr said:

I would say the mortar board as it has Type C

Ideas on stability and overclocking ? 

Looks like the gaming 3 board is slightly better for OCing, but I think having the USB C is more important with the DP port on the back of the Mortar board.

OC-cinebench.png

6 hours ago, Overlandr said:

Looks like the gaming 3 board is slightly better for OCing, but I think having the USB C is more important with the DP port on the back of the Mortar board.

to be honest I can't think of scenarios where I'm gonna need a USB C for my PC :P 

1 minute ago, NewBieDavid said:

o be honest I can't think of scenarios where I'm gonna need a USB C for my PC :P 

Fair enough, actually looking at it, it was the Gaming OC board performing better. The normal gaming 3 is down the bottom there.

6 hours ago, Overlandr said:

Fair enough, actually looking at it, it was the Gaming OC board performing better. The normal gaming 3 is down the bottom there.

Yeah looks like despite that I won't need the USB C I actually might eventually go for the mortar just because of gigabyte's bad motherboard reputation.

And also I should have read this earlier, but the gigabyte comes with no bois updates and it's causing alot of problems for some people :/ 

Just now, Overlandr said:

MSI it is for you then xD

seems like it xD
Thanks for showing me da wae (Sorry for bad meming)

appreciate it :)