How to fill loop?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Don't kickstart the motherboard, you only want the pump to have power, unplug everything else. If your PSU is modular, you can just unplug everything from the PSU end so you don't have to plug things into components again, just unplug anything that's on the SATA or molex harness that you're using for the pump. In the event there is a leak, you don't want power going through the components, as it allows you to dry them out rather than shorting if there's water on them. 

You plug in the PSU jumper cable that bridges a ground and the power_on pin on the 24 pin cable and only have the pump power connected. Then use the switch at the back of the PSU to turn it on and it will start the pump, then turn it off before all of the liquid is drained from the reservoir, fill again and repeat until there's a continuous flow of liquid, then top up. Then you should leave the pump running for some time, both to start bleeding the system and checking for leaks. I personally did a 24 hour leak test with paper towels under all of the fittings to easily see if there was a leak. After that, you can connect everything up again and start the system. 

hey just wanted to know if i was right in what i was thinking. i know how to fill the loop but how do you actually kickstart the mobo. i have the ek bridging plug which i put onto the mobo power cable. but then what? just power the pump and nothing else. or is there something else i need to power on?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

Don't kickstart the motherboard, you only want the pump to have power, unplug everything else. If your PSU is modular, you can just unplug everything from the PSU end so you don't have to plug things into components again, just unplug anything that's on the SATA or molex harness that you're using for the pump. In the event there is a leak, you don't want power going through the components, as it allows you to dry them out rather than shorting if there's water on them. 

You plug in the PSU jumper cable that bridges a ground and the power_on pin on the 24 pin cable and only have the pump power connected. Then use the switch at the back of the PSU to turn it on and it will start the pump, then turn it off before all of the liquid is drained from the reservoir, fill again and repeat until there's a continuous flow of liquid, then top up. Then you should leave the pump running for some time, both to start bleeding the system and checking for leaks. I personally did a 24 hour leak test with paper towels under all of the fittings to easily see if there was a leak. After that, you can connect everything up again and start the system. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Don't kickstart the motherboard, you only want the pump to have power, unplug everything else. 

okay so basically how i thought it would be. did not mean kickstart in that way. but just to turn it on with the bride plug in. thanks for the help

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P