Is This Pc Good? Upgrading Old One

My current PC in my signature is getting a little slow and im thinking or replacing it with a new pc. When streaming it lags and the CPU Bottlenecks everything so im going to giv it to my little bro who still uses a PS4

I do lots of Video Rendering, 3D Rendering and Music Production along with obviously Gaming and Streaming so will this PC fulfill these requirements and can i reuse any old parts?

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/GFXwtJ

EDIT: My budget is $3500AUD ($2800USD)

7 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

My current PC in my signature is getting a little slow and im thinking or replacing it with a new pc. When streaming it lags and the CPU Bottlenecks everything so im going to giv it to my little bro who still uses a PS4

I do lots of Video Rendering, 3D Rendering and Music Production along with obviously Gaming and Streaming so will this PC fulfill these requirements and can i reuse any old parts?

For productivity I would have a Ryzen 7 1800X or you can downgrade something else and squeeze in a Threadripper. Much better than the i7-8700K.

with crazy GPU prices

i will suggest you keeping the RX480

no brainer the i7 8700K will be a beast of a CPU to use for gaming and streaming

if you want to save some cash, the Ryzen 7 1700 is still the best all rounder CPU

wait for April for Ryzen+ or Zen 2 CPU to drop before pulling the trigger

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Like some other have mentioned due to your requirements:  

35 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

I do lots of Video Rendering, 3D Rendering and Music Production along with obviously Gaming and Streaming

I Would recommend going for a Ryzen 7 1800x, It is a better all round CPU which would be more ideal as it seems it can render a video in the background while still gaming or doing other things without much notice to it doing said process....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Against 1800X. Even the 1700 is far better value of a choice (unless paired with a mobo with weak power delivery) because of overclocking, though this time I'd recommend the 8700 non-K.

Compared to Ryzen, it's a bit slower in workstation use, but far faster in games.

Compared to 8700k, all you lose is about 15% of performance (4.3GHz all core turbo), but you save a noticeable amount of money. This also means you can use cheaper coolers.

Dont get any SSHD, it's a terrible choice. It's only fast on a small portion of data which is often used (slow for the rest), expensive for the capacity, and have more problems (as if buying a reliable HDD wasnt a tough gamble to win itself)

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 hour ago, DisconnectedYT said:

pretty solid build, well made.

I disagree with the posters above me that want you to get worse stuff.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

8 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

pretty solid build, well made.

I disagree with the posters above me that want you to get worse stuff.

Elaborate, people are suggesting the Ryzen 7 1800x due to it better performance for multi tasking. in the sense of video editing while still playing games.

Again they are only suggestions but what made me suggest that CPU is because I was looking at him being productive and efficient. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

Elaborate, people are suggesting the Ryzen 7 1800x due to it better performance for multi tasking. in the sense of video editing while still playing games.

Again they are only suggestions but what made me suggest that CPU is because I was looking at him being productive and efficient. 

the gain of the 1800x in multithreaded performance is alot lower then the amount of loss in single threaded performance.

Infact the Multithread performance of an 8700k OC'ed to 5GhZ+ compared to the 1800x OC'ed to 4GhZ is negigible.

OC-2.png

The 8700k is currently the best of both worlds you can buy and therefore the most solid choice for the OP considered that he is also gaming. Or in other words waiting 10seconds longer for rendering to complete isnt as huge as having 15-40% less fps when gaming.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Is that 1080ti any good tho? I can run stuff at high 2560x1080 with my RX480 so what will that gpu be like

5 hours ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Is that 1080ti any good tho? I can run stuff at high 2560x1080 with my RX480 so what will that gpu be like

yes it great buy are you willing to pay double the price of one GTX1080Ti?

it going for 1.4 grand a piece which is exactly the same price you pay for a Titan Xp

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

5 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

yes it great buy are you willing to pay double the price of one GTX1080Ti?

it going for 1.4 grand a piece which is exactly the same price you pay for a Titan Xp

but a Titan Xp isnt that much faster right?

7 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

but a Titan Xp isnt that much faster right?

the Titan Xp is at least 30% faster