Used iPhone 7 plus or New iPhone 7?

Agris

Hey!

So I want to buy a new phone, but my broke ass can't buy a new iPhone 7 plus.

Capture.PNG.1f32d703990cfaffe059b9947ffc7ed4.PNGSo I found this used iPhone 7 plus for 580 € which hasn't been dropped and it always has been in a case [claimed by the current owner]. I also checked it's IMEI and it says 

Find my iPhone: ON

iCLoud status*: CLEAN

Blacklist status**: CLEAN    

And If I end up checking it in person how could I check if it is actually good?

Or I could buy a new iPhone 7 with warranty, for a little bit more.

apple-iphone-7-gallery-img-5.jpg.b92e248decede2fd119a7b3bdfc05b8b.jpg 

What do you think I should do?

Thanks9_9

do you need the big screen?? ive never seen the point

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I personally would go for the used one, if it is in acceptable condition.

(no cracked screen, no dirt behind camera lens(es), the buttons feel like normal, touch id works)

That's what i'd look out for. also what is the capacity of the second hand product?

Just now, stealth80 said:

do you need the big screen?? ive never seen the point

I mean, I guess I don't but the camera and a bigger battery pushes me to the plus

Just now, I Love Jojo said:

I personally would go for the used one, if it is in acceptable condition.

(no cracked screen, no dirt behind camera lens(es), the buttons feel like normal, touch id works)

That's what i'd look out for. also what is the capacity of the second hand product?

Both are 32GB

As experince with a 6 plus I find it too big as a phone, more like a phablet like the Galaxy Note lineup. The camera quality is not gonna be day and night difference between the plus and non plus. But I suggest you go to a local Apple store and test each phone out thoroughly to see which one suits you best.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

As experince with a 6 plus I find it too big as a phone, more like a phablet like the Galaxy Note lineup. The camera quality is not gonna be day and night difference between the plus and non plus. But I suggest you go to a local Apple store and test each phone out thoroughly to see which one suits you best.

I guess the camera on the plus just has the optical zoom right?

4 minutes ago, Agris said:

I mean, I guess I don't but the camera and a bigger battery pushes me to the plus

Once you go plus you never go back. I promise you the size is worth it.

are you used to bigger format phones?

don't forget that the flash storage is faster on the plus.

so

-better battery

-better camera

-faster storage

-same price as a new iphone 7 that does not have these features

Just now, I Love Jojo said:

Once you go plus you never go back. I promise you the size is worth it.

are you used to bigger format phones?

don't forget that the flash storage is faster on the plus.

so

-better battery

-better camera

-faster storage

-same price as a new iphone 7 that does not have these features

Have you used an iPhone that big though? Does it feel awkward to hold it?

I have used a OnePlus 3 with a really bulky case and after a week you are used to it.

had that phone for 2 years

(I broke it when I was repairing it so rip.)

As for the awkwardness, It feel incredibly big when you unbox it but as i said, that size is going to feel normal after a week or so

Edited by I Love Jojo

2 minutes ago, Agris said:

Have you used an iPhone that big though? Does it feel awkward to hold it?

It feels awkward to hold, but you do get used to it (at least if you have bigger hands). I personally had the 6s Plus for two years and at first it was annoying as it took some getting used to. Then it was fine for the two years that I was using it and much better than the smaller 6s. Then I got the X and remembered how uncomfortable it was to use; but I'd still take the plus given the choice between a 7 and 7 Plus.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

It feels awkward to hold, but you do get used to it (at least if you have bigger hands). I personally had the 6s Plus for two years and at first it was annoying as it took some getting used to. Then it was fine for the two years that I was using it and much better than the smaller 6s. Then I got the X and remembered how uncomfortable it was to use; but I'd still take the plus given the choice between a 7 and 7 Plus.

I'll take that into consideration 

Does it have to be an iPhone? For 580$ (or, usually, far less) you can buy a new android phone of about the same size with a higher resolution, an oled screen, a headphone jack and expandable storage.

If it must be an iPhone, why not a used 7? The baseline warranty doesn't cover most accidental damage anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Does it have to be an iPhone? For 580$ (or, usually, far less) you can buy a new android phone of about the same size with a higher resolution, an oled screen, a headphone jack and expandable storage.

If it must be an iPhone, why not a used 7? The baseline warranty doesn't cover most accidental damage anyway.

Apple fanboy gotta fanboy. shhhh...

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

Just now, Sauron said:

that is an interesting turn. I would chose android over iOS. I have used iOS (ipad and iphone) for 2 years ish and the switch to android took me 10 mins tops. And then you discover the extra functionality of Android. 

Just now, Sauron said:

I've had bad experiences with android phones. They always seem to lag because most of them are poorly optimized 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Apple fanboy gotta fanboy. shhhh...

Not an Apple fanboy, I just want to try out something new 

1 minute ago, Agris said:

I've had bad experiences with android phones. They always seem to lag because most of them are poorly optimized 

Not an Apple fanboy, I just want to try out something new 

Sorry it as a not so obvious sarcasm. I have been using my old iPhone 5S jailbroken for nearly 2 years but glad I got Android. 

1 minute ago, Agris said:

Hasn't been the case on any mid to high end device I've tried in the last 3 years, but it can be a little hit and miss with rom bloat. Still, if you're unsure about which devices you should consider you can post a dedicated topic here, there are plenty of members who follow the android scene and can point you to the best options.

I just thought you should consider it if money is a concern.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Sorry it as a not so obvious sarcasm. I have been using my old iPhone 5S jailbroken for nearly 2 years but glad I got Android. 

To be honest I don't get what is so much better on Android than on iOS

Just now, Agris said:

If I tell you then we would be starting a debate.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

If I tell you then we would be starting a debate.

Tell me, I just want to know..

Just now, Agris said:

Personally I think the worst problem iOS has is that it only comes with iPhones.

Since you said you are broke I figured getting more features for a lower price would be nice, but then again there are some advantages to getting an iPhone (although none of them matter to me in particular).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Agris said:

Tell me, I just want to know..

Since you asked...

First off I am a person who likes to tamper on devices so warranty is not relevant to me.

1. Android supports more customization. Changing icons, custom themes, 3rd party apps to make animated wallpaper. Widget is also a thing that adds vital stuff to your screen like: weather, music player, calendar...

2. Custom ROM. Removes preinstalled bloatware and apps that you do not need to save space. Up to 4GB (out of 16) as evidenced by my Galaxy S5 Neo.

3. Not limited to Apple. This means I do not have to pay for Apple only products. Such as ability to screen cast to a TV without a need of an apple TV box. 

4. Easier to install 3rd party apps. As a software dev I find it easier to install apps that are not on Play store. You can with Apple but it needs Jailbreak.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Since you asked...

First off I am a person who likes to tamper on devices so warranty is not relevant to me.

1. Android supports more customization. Changing icons, custom themes, 3rd party apps to make animated wallpaper. Widget is also a thing that adds vital stuff to your screen like: weather, music player, calendar...

2. Custom ROM. Removes preinstalled bloatware and apps that you do not need to save space. Up to 4GB (out of 16) as evidenced by my Galaxy S5 Neo.

3. Not limited to Apple. This means I do not have to pay for Apple only products. Such as ability to screen cast to a TV without a need of an apple TV box. 

4. Easier to install 3rd party apps. As a software dev I find it easier to install apps that are not on Play store. You can with Apple but it needs Jailbreak.

I mean that customization is great on android. Thanks for actually pointing that out 9_9

Nothing at all wrong with purchasing a used phone provided the condition of the phone is mint.  I mean, phones are pretty much bullet proof these days so if there is no physical damage and the thing operates fine (being sure to check all the hardware like the camera, wifi, screen under different conditions, etc) then there's really no difference between buying used or new (except the lack of warranty of course).  Insurance is always a thing as well, in case it does die for some unlikely reason.

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res