Logitech z623. Are they good?

Hi guys

I'm in the market for a new set of computer speakers and i'm going to be using them for listening to very bass heavy music and watch movies. I already have a dedicated gaming headset so i wont be using these for gaming. Anyway many people say the bass that comes from the z623 is muddy and bad but i want to know a lot more opinions. I haven't had the chance to listen to these in real life although i am trying to. 

To help you guys see if these are for me, I used to have the Sony XB950B1's (i traded them in for corsair void rgb pro wireless) and i would always set the bass up to the maximum in the app it came with. sometimes the maximum wasnt enough. I would want a sub that has very loud bass for songs that have a constant low note going on in the background like Yung Gravy - Gasoline . I would want one that would shake walls. Is the z623 for me? Is the z623's subwoofer good for what i want it to do? With the mids and highs, are they bad?

Thank you and have a great day!!!!!

1 minute ago, Eden_Frawley said:

Hi guys

I'm in the market for a new set of computer speakers and i'm going to be using them for listening to very bass heavy music and watch movies. I already have a dedicated gaming headset so i wont be using these for gaming. Anyway many people say the bass that comes from the z623 is muddy and bad but i want to know a lot more opinions. I haven't had the chance to listen to these in real life although i am trying to. 

To help you guys see if these are for me, I used to have the Sony XB950B1's (i traded them in for corsair void rgb pro wireless) and i would always set the bass up to the maximum in the app it came with. sometimes the maximum wasnt enough. I would want a sub that has very loud bass for songs that have a constant low note going on in the background like Yung Gravy - Gasoline . I would want one that would shake walls. Is the z623 for me? Is the z623's subwoofer good for what i want it to do? With the mids and highs, are they bad?

Thank you and have a great day!!!!!

My old speakers were the Creative T3150 but it didn't have bluetooth (I don't know the model number but the difference between the one i had and the T3150 is the T3150 has bluetooth). These speakers were powerful enough but i want more bass. 

Btw, jamming up your bass like that is just going to ruin your sound. 

Since you seem to only want bass, maybe just buy a decent subwoofer and then get cheap bookshelf speakers that you can upgrade later.

That's an F in the profile pic

6 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Btw, jamming up your bass like that is just going to ruin your sound. 

Since you seem to only want bass, maybe just buy a decent subwoofer and then get cheap bookshelf speakers that you can upgrade later.

My budget is $125AU. Its not that much and that's how much z623's cost over here 

Edit: I'm also going to be using these speakers for as long as possible and upgrading really isn't an option. 

Edited by Eden_Frawley

4 minutes ago, Eden_Frawley said:

My budget is $125AU. Its not that much and thats how much z623's cost over here 

Ohk. I googled them and they were like $220 so I assumed you had a bigger budget. Check out used speakers and amps, you can get great sound for cheap

That's an F in the profile pic

• 2 months later...

They are really bad speakers. No treble. (Due to no tweeters) The bass is good and punchy after you apply the noaudiophile dsp fix. Owner of 623 here.

I have them, and they're seriously bad for music. Give you a headache and more, you never want to listen to music again. Don't buy them !

On 01/02/2018 at 12:07 AM, Froody129 said:

Ohk. I googled them and they were like $220 so I assumed you had a bigger budget. Check out used speakers and amps, you can get great sound for cheap

Thanks for the recommendation but the used speaker market in my area isn't that good and is quite expensive 

34 minutes ago, Thephenon696 said:

They are really bad speakers. No treble. (Due to no tweeters) The bass is good and punchy after you apply the noaudiophile dsp fix. Owner of 623 here.

Not one for treble but EQ'ing fixed it. The "Noaudiophile dsp fix", what is that?

31 minutes ago, Thephenon696 said:

I have them, and they're seriously bad for music. Give you a headache and more, you never want to listen to music again. Don't buy them !

I also decided to get them and they're awesome for music. I love them. They are perfect for rap music.  

• 7 months later...
On 4/6/2018 at 2:10 PM, Eden_Frawley said:

Thanks for the recommendation but the used speaker market in my area isn't that good and is quite expensive 

Not one for treble but EQ'ing fixed it. The "Noaudiophile dsp fix", what is that?

I also decided to get them and they're awesome for music. I love them. They are perfect for rap music.  

Wow

Mine sound like shit, music from these makes my insides twist. 

Here :http://noaudiophile.com/Logitech_z623/

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2018 at 2:10 PM, Eden_Frawley said:

So why do I get headache every time I listen to my speakers -.-

I have a pair of those, got them from officeworks for half price. They are ok for watching youtube vids but they are absolute shit for music.

I've owned two sets of Z623's and the 6" subwoofer has actually rattled two houses i've lived in so yeah, plenty of bass, in fact hard to believe for their size and price.

• 2 weeks later...

I fucking hate these speakers, sounds like a rats ass, very low sound quality. I can't even listen to my music anymore that I could with old $25 creative speakers, yeah there's bass, but the sound quality is worse than appalling 

Tbh I prefer my phone speaker to these. Please don't buy them you'll be heavily disappointed. Phone speaker is more musical than these, and my z623 get hardly, hardly used, compared to my 20 year old 20w creative system which I would actually enjoy... This system is a joke. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2018 at 5:46 AM, Thephenom696 said:

Wow

Mine sound like shit, music from these makes my insides twist. 

Here :http://noaudiophile.com/Logitech_z623/

Hey wasup, a bit late lol. I just aplied that noaudiophile thing to my speakers and... they sound like s h i t  (IMO)

I just wanna know how can i remove all this things, it just killed the little "good" sound these have :(

It would be great if u could answer, as ther are no tutorial on youtube, or nowhere

Thanks. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, Oilime3000 said:

Hey wasup, a bit late lol. I just aplied that noaudiophile thing to my speakers and... they sound like s h i t  (IMO)

I just wanna know how can i remove all this things, it just killed the little "good" sound these have :(

It would be great if u could answer, as ther are no tutorial on youtube, or nowhere

Thanks. 

Bro, just remove the app. The bass sounds deeper with the noaudiophile on my speakers. What did it do to your speakers?

Control Panel - Uninstall Equalizer APO (Do a double click)

My z623 sound really good. I use the rca inputs with a thick cable, and use an USB dac. It sounds like music to my ears man...
Another thing to do is in Sound Settings, put the sound to Studio Quality (192,000hz) or whatever it highest there. Not CD Quality. It changes the sound in an audiophile way. Oh man, if you don't have the rca, use the 3.5mm input on the side of the little speaker. It sounds fuller on there somehow. Lastly I block all noise above 19,000hz with Equalizer apo and all noise below 29hz. (Called the low-pass filter) which also protects the sub.

The z623 in the beginning, sounded horrible, but after I got the USB dac ($20 UCA-202, Thick $7 Roland RCA Cable) It sounds expensive. Plus the noaudiophile makes the bass really deep on my end. It just removes all the 60hz bass boost that logitech has put in these speakers.. But yeah the treble sounds wack with the noaudiophile dsp.. If you want to get the deeper bass without getting rid of trebles, and other, you could just do 60hz cut on these things, and it will sound cleaner, deeper

All the best to you bro, stay safe! 😇

Roland cable.jpg

Sound Settings.png

On 9/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, Oilime3000 said:

Thanks. 

These are the add-ons I use, and it sound amazing

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-Control-UCA202-Ultra-Low-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

https://www.amazon.com/Roland-Interconnect-Cable-RCA-RCA-RCC-3-2R2R/dp/B01FB1ULO2

On 1/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, Thephenom696 said:

Tbh I prefer my phone speaker to these. Please don't buy them you'll be heavily disappointed. Phone speaker is more musical than these, and my z623 get hardly, hardly used, compared to my 20 year old 20w creative system which I would actually enjoy... This system is a joke. 

Satellites got replaced and the treble is now alright. The treble boost which hurts the drivers. So too much treble gets pushed through the midwoofers originally and it hurts the drivers. The bass boost at 60hz makes the bass sound boomy, it hits hard even when soft things, like it's not flat. No audiophile makes the speaker flat. No more boomy bass, or high treble