Is a brand new rad supposed to look like this?

Artem

Sorry guys, first time watercooling and I have a lot of questions. When looking inside my brand new alphacool ut60 360 rad, the copper inside seems to have corroded... Should this corrosion go away if I flush it with water and vinegar? Seems a little excessive for a new rad...Posted ImagePosted Image

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Flush it out

Flushing. For how long?

Posted Image

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Flushing. For how long?

that isnt flushing man 

the color you are seeing is the heat discolorationg of the copper, its from when they soldered the fins on, dont worry about it

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

that isnt flushing man 

the color you are seeing is the heat disocorationg of the copper, its from when they soldered the fins on, dont worry about it

This is after filling it with water, shaking, emptying, and repeating. I left it running with a water and vinegar solution to try and get as much oxidation out as possible. Green growth on the actual copper is not from soldering, it's oxidation. Kinda like when pennies turn green.

This is after filling it with water, shaking, emptying, and repeating. I left it running with a water and vinegar solution to try and get as much oxidation out as possible. Green growth on the actual copper is not from soldering, it's oxidation. Kinda like when pennies turn green.

my bad it looked blue from this side

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

It's nothing to worry about, as many have pointed out, flushing, vigorous shaking will help.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

I heard you're not supposed to use vinegar to flush because it causes corrosion. Is that not true?

I heard you're not supposed to use vinegar to flush because it causes corrosion. Is that not true?

A weak acidic solution is usually used. You shouldn't use it with nickel plated things but it's fine with copper.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

A weak acidic solution is usually used. You shouldn't use it with nickel plated things but it's fine with copper.

Oh I knew it was bad for something. Thanks for clearing that up!

This is quite normal that a radiator looks like that from the inside. And you did the right procedure here already by flushing it. I did never take such close up pics from the inside of my radiators lol.

GreetZ Naj

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling