Reservoir Placement and Rad Size

Specs:

CPU: i7 7700k

GPU: 1080ti Strix

Case: S340 Elite

Hi there,

I am planning to water cool my rig and I had some questions about radiator size and reservoir placement.

I am planning to delid the 7700k.

I am also gonna overclock both the cpu and gpu.

I was wondering if a 280mm(45mm thick) + 120mm(28mm thick) rad is enough to cool my system.

The front rad could potentially be thicker.

Also, if I place my reservoir like in the picture, is there any downsides other than having to flip the case over when filling?

Thanks in advance!

Please excuse the poor photoshop skills.

Untitled-4.thumb.png.7196eba1ace65754da6d8bcb1654874f.png

I assume from the pic, its gonna be a pump res combo? There are some downsides. Like during bleeding youll have to either run the pc on its face to keep topping off the res or when you need to add some more fluid. 

Those rads would be enough, really depends on the fan speed, on max, sure assuming they are good fans.  Case doesn't fit a 420 rad?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

39 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I assume from the pic, its gonna be a pump res combo? There are some downsides. Like during bleeding youll have to either run the pc on its face to keep topping off the res or when you need to add some more fluid. 

Those rads would be enough, really depends on the fan speed, on max, sure assuming they are good fans.  Case doesn't fit a 420 rad?

Yeah it will be a pump res combo. I don’t mind the bleeding process if it’s a one time thing. 

Im gonna either get ek vardars or noctuas.

The case only fits a 280 in front.

10 minutes ago, Instinctz said:

Yeah it will be a pump res combo. I don’t mind the bleeding process if it’s a one time thing. 

Im gonna either get ek vardars or noctuas.

The case only fits a 280 in front.

All sounds fine to me.

I would put a drain up here, so that you can get more of the liquid out during maintenance if you put the case on its front face. Slightly counter intuitive to have it at the high point, but it becomes the low point once you tip the case.

vv.thumb.png.86f4bde54ed9c332bbdfd9aa101e033c.png