SP or AF? Where to put them? HELP!

m.attway

Case: BitFenix Enso (I know it has bad airflow but it has lots of RGBs!)

Stock Fans: BitFenix Spectre Pre (One RGB, One black)

I have a bit of an issue, I need a few fans for this case and am thinking of just removing the stock ones altogether and getting some better RGB ones.

I was thinking of buying 4 fans, 2 for exhaust, 2 for intake.I was thinking I would have the intakes on the Front Middle and Front Bottom or Top and the Exhausts on the Top and Back Top. Do you think this is a good idea?

But my main issue is? AF or SP for the intakes? AF or SP for the exhaust? and What fans to get (Have to be Asus Aura Sync)

Thank you to everyone who helps!

assuming for corsair fans

af for just moving air

sp for Moving air through heat sinks

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

44 minutes ago, themctipers said:

assuming for corsair fans

af for just moving air

sp for Moving air through heat sinks

@themctipers

thanks for the added info!

Any Suggestions for what model?

42 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

for you toaster case i would take a strong SP fan in the front if you have the choice given the mistake they made when designing the case.

@Pangea2017

(I KNOW ITS A TOASTER! BUT IT LOOKS NICE!) 

Any suggestions for what model?

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

SP has a higher static pressure so they are able to push airflow through restricted areas. Use this for things like heatsinks, drive bays, thick dust filters or a front panel with only side intakes like many obsidian series cases for examples. AF fans you should use where there is very little resistance, like as an intake in a case with little resistance like the 450d or as a rear intake / exhaust.

@RandomGuy13

So 2 140mm SP Fans on the front and 2 120mm AF fans for exhaust back and top?

Any suggestions for what model?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy13 said:

What model of fan? I assume you are talking about the difference between the performance and quite models? go with the about ones. if you are talking about PWM vs three pin, then go with the PWM if its for a heatsink, then 3 pin is alright for case fan, PWM still better though. If you are talking about the LED vs non LED ones, then whichever one you think looks nicest.

@RandomGuy13

What i mean is like is there a good fan from a certain company, cooler master corsair etc.,  that would work with asus aura

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

I Assumed you were talking about corsairs fans because they are the only company that uses the AF and SP naming.

Noctua and Bequiet make the best fans, but they are twice the prices as any other fan. Corsair fans are pretty much the standard decent fan for around £8 a fan. Fractal also make some quite nice fans for around that price range as well.

If you don't see SP or AF on any other fan, thats because its just a corsair thing. Other brands may call their pressure fans something different, others may only have a single model which is a balance of pressure and flow. 

ah ok, makes sense, thanks a lot!