Best gpu for my pc

Chizeeeeh
Go to solution Solved by userzero,

Post full system specs.

The 2 items you have listed are not helpful, or good.

Help I need to a best gpu that will not bottleneck my pc

Athlon x3 455

8gb ram

1tb hdd

I"ll be changing my case and psu. What case and psu will be the best 

I just wantes to play dota 2 and csgo for it not aiming for latest games

Post full system specs.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

2 minutes ago, userzero said:

Post full system specs.

what? what else could you possibly need 

get a 750 ti even that would that wouldn't hit 100:% but its cheap 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

case - see if a gpu fits

PSU - see if that needs replacing first.

Start at the foundation and start a build with a new gen CPU and board.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Honestly you cant do much with that, I guess a GT 1030 if your desperate but I would really look into upgrading soon. Cheap out with a GT 730 (1 GB GDDR5) I guess 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

25 minutes ago, Chizeeeeh said:

Help I need to a best gpu that will not bottleneck my pc

Athlon x3 455

8gb ram

The CPU is pretty bad.

You aren't really going to be able to do much in new games.

Its hard to say what will bottleneck cause this depends a lot on the application, especially with this CPU.

For Esports, you can probably run DOTA 2, LoL, and CSGO with very little (or no) bottlenecking using a GT 1030. Even a GTX 750 or 750 TI will bottleneck!

If you want to go used, a 650 Ti or GTX 460 are pretty good here. Also, a 550 Ti wouldn't be awful, but its somewhat weaker than the CPU can handle.

This one used doesn't seem too bad. $35 plus shipping. Also, only has 1 GB VRAM and doesn't support DX 12, but shouldn't matter considering your running a really old platform to begin with, so you probably didn't plan on playing the latest and greatest games anyway? https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPARKLE-GeForce-GTX-460-Fermi-DirectX-11-SXX4601024D5UNM-1GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-PCI/282808749012?epid=109590085&hash=item41d8b70bd4:g:noIAAOSwNMVaWvid

Just make sure your power supply is good enough. GeForce 400 series is power hungry!

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Gtx 750ti

Or gt 1030

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

18 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

The CPU is pretty bad.

You aren't really going to be able to do much in new games.

Its hard to say what will bottleneck cause this depends a lot on the application, especially with this CPU.

For Esports, you can probably run DOTA 2, LoL, and CSGO with very little (or no) bottlenecking using a GT 1030. Even a GTX 750 or 750 TI will bottleneck!

If you want to go used, a 650 Ti or GTX 460 are pretty good here. Also, a 550 Ti wouldn't be awful, but its somewhat weaker than the CPU can handle.

This one used doesn't seem too bad. $35 plus shipping. Also, only has 1 GB VRAM and doesn't support DX 12, but shouldn't matter considering your running a really old platform to begin with, so you probably didn't plan on playing the latest and greatest games anyway? https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPARKLE-GeForce-GTX-460-Fermi-DirectX-11-SXX4601024D5UNM-1GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-PCI/282808749012?epid=109590085&hash=item41d8b70bd4:g:noIAAOSwNMVaWvid

Just make sure your power supply is good enough. GeForce 400 series is power hungry!

I just need to play dota 2 and csgo

23 minutes ago, Chizeeeeh said:

I just need to play dota 2 and csgo

The CPU should let you play DOTA 2 with around 30 FPS, except in super intense  fights. Not sure about CSGO, but it should be playable as well.

If you're budget minded and live in the States, I'd recommend a used GTX 460, 650 Ti or equivalent then, just don't spend more than $45 bucks total.

For the GTX 460, make sure you've got at least a 350 Watt to 400 watt or so power supply. And for the GTX 650 ti at least 350 Watts is good.

If you don't care about budget, a GT 1030 is the way to go. Has more VRAM, and supports DX12 Just bear in mind, they're like 70 bucks or more. Only a 250 watt power supply should suffice for the 1030.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPARKLE-GeForce-GTX-460-Fermi-DirectX-11-SXX4601024D5UNM-1GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-PCI/282808749012?epid=109590085&hash=item41d8b70bd4:g:noIAAOSwNMVaWvid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-650ti-GTX650TI-DF-1GD-1GB-D5-128Bit-Video-Game-Card/152872751710?hash=item2397ed125e:g:VaYAAOSwFmxaYiOZ

GTX 470's and 480's are also available for cheap too! But they require a lot of power and are overkill for this since they will bottleneck too hard!! You can get a GTX 480 used for about as much a new GT 1030 and the GTX 480 will smoke the 1030 in performance.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

How much psu will cost cause i only have a generic power supply

19 minutes ago, Chizeeeeh said:

How much psu will cost cause i only have a generic power supply

Depends on you computer case. If your PC takes a standard ATX power supply. (same goes for the graphics cards by the way! Make sure your case will fit it! these graphics cards wont fit in small form factor case!)

You can sometimes find them new on newegg for good deals for around $20. Sometimes that is only after a mail in rebate though. This RAIDMAX model doesn't seem bad. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9ZN5KE3529

Also EVGA has a bunch of old backstock power supplies. Links below.

I personally would recommend the 430 Watt for $25 since the $20 400 Watt has a somewhat poor review from Jonnyguru.com but either one will work fine for you.

400 watt $20 https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-N1-0400-RX

for some reason I cant link the 430 watt or 450 watt on their own, so here is all of EVGA back stock power supplies

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8&family=Power+Supplies

and here's jonny guru reviews for the 400 watt and 430 watt.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=436

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=431