ASUS Predator Monitor X34a

PyroKai

Hey, 

So I am looking at getting the ASUS Predator Monitor X34a ultra wide, any of you guys have any experience with this monitor? I am currently running GTX970 Asus Strix's is this gunna work? any issues? 

me having had the acer predator x34 i was running mine on a 1070 and ran it ok, most games run ultra with 60+ fps but the really demanding games would sometimes drop below the 50fps mark, dont know much about how good a 970 is vs a 1070 ?

also there is the alienware 3440x1440 120hz but its a tn panel not an IPS like the Asus or Acer ones but it does have g-sync though aswell

5 minutes ago, Brett_UK said:

me having had the acer predator x34 i was running mine on a 1070 and ran it ok, most games run ultra with 60+ fps but the really demanding games would sometimes drop below the 50fps mark, dont know much about how good a 970 is vs a 1070 ?

thanks for the info... are you running single 1070 or SLI? 

34 minutes ago, Brett_UK said:

game wise i would say a 1070 is 20-50% faster

thanks for that! but just for everyday use, movies web browsing.... SLI 970's should be good with the 3440x1440 res? 

23 hours ago, PyroKai said:

thanks for that! but just for everyday use, movies web browsing.... SLI 970's should be good with the 3440x1440 res? 

For everyday use, movies and bowsing, you don't need to do SLI. A single 970 will suffice.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz