What to do with an old Mac graphics card?

MF270

I was recently given the graphics card from an early 2009 iMac pro (photos attached). I can’t figure out what GPU it is, AND I don’t know if it will work in my PC. I already have a graphics card (RX 560) but I just want to play with it. Side note, I also received a Matrox MX02 Mini and I really have no idea what it does. Help?

3CEA138C-E253-48C6-B584-F469B4682BE5.jpeg

73C0C88E-B6D9-4244-9EAA-CE7B30DFF4FD.jpeg

Looking at the model number written on it I'd say its a A1310.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

it is a GT 120 for more detail

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

16 minutes ago, MF270 said:

I was recently given the graphics card from an early 2009 iMac pro (photos attached). I can’t figure out what GPU it is, AND I don’t know if it will work in my PC. I already have a graphics card (RX 560) but I just want to play with it. Side note, I also received a Matrox MX02 Mini and I really have no idea what it does. Help?

16 minutes ago, MF270 said:

Matrox MX02 Mini  look like a capture device  is more valuable than the gt 120

35 minutes ago, JeJaRaLa said:

Matrox MX02 Mini  look like a capture device  is more valuable than the gt 120

I googled this and im not sure what you're talking about, it looks nothing like that mx02 thing.

Looks just like the NVIDIA GT 120

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

7 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

I googled this and im not sure what you're talking about, it looks nothing like that mx02 thing.

Looks just like the NVIDIA GT 120

yes is a gt 120  but he said   it recived another item a matrox mx02 mini

1 minute ago, JeJaRaLa said:

yes is a gt 120  but he said   it recived another item a matrox mx02 mini

Ohhh. Duh. Thanks lol

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

So, any help interpreting its purpose?

15 hours ago, MF270 said:

So, any help interpreting its purpose?

Not exactly sure what all of this means, but it seems like some sort of capture device.

"The MXO2 Mini Max for Laptops from Matrox is a device that combines the functionality of an HDMI & Analog I/O card in the form factor of a miniature breakout box. It will capture, convert, and play multiple video formats. This model features an adapter that is specifically designed for use with laptops, although a separate MXO2 PCI-E Host Card Adapter can be used to make the unit compatible with desktops. This model additionally features Matrox MAX technology for faster than real-time H.264 encoding.

The Mini Max's small footprint makes it easy to transport. It is compatible with both Mac and PC systems, as well as most industry-standard applications, such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Photoshop, among others. Moreover, its color-calibration tool can be used to turn your HDMI monitor into a professional-grade video monitor."