Must I Buy It

CombatComedy

I'm on a tight budget and just bought all my pc parts but wont be able to pay for windows 10 for another few months (I'm a kid) so do I have to buy windows 10 or can I just install it and wait to input a code in a few months

1 minute ago, CombatComedy said:

I'm on a tight budget and just bought all my pc parts but wont be able to pay for windows 10 for another few months (I'm a kid) so do I have to buy windows 10 or can I just install it and wait to input a code in a few months

Why not try out Linux for a few months then?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

2 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Why not try out Linux for a few months then?

because I'm completely naïve to anything but windows

Windows has a free version but it has a watermark if you dont mind. Also you can get w10 from kinguin for ~30 with protection

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

11 minutes ago, CombatComedy said:

Go on kingwin, I got windows 10 pro for $40

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

OP;

You can install Windows 10 in a trial period. You get full version access for 30 days after that your OS will be locked down to basic functions and a watermark until you purchase a Legit key.

Kingpin is a grey market retailer, purchase with caution. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

34 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

OP;

You can install Windows 10 in a trial period. You get full version access for 30 days after that your OS will be locked down to basic functions and a watermark until you purchase a Legit key.

Kingpin is a grey market retailer, purchase with caution. 

kingpin seems illegitimate due to its prices being a fourth of windows prices itself and I don't want to be completely locked out of my pc for 2 months, and if I go to Linux for a few months wont I have to get a new hdd for Linux and if I don't , wont I lose all my info when I switch to windows 10 because its all coded in C and windows is c++ or even if they are the same codebase, wont the Linux format not transfer to windows 

8 minutes ago, CombatComedy said:

kingpin seems illegitimate due to its prices being a fourth of windows prices itself and I don't want to be completely locked out of my pc for 2 months, and if I go to Linux for a few months wont I have to get a new hdd for Linux and if I don't , wont I lose all my info when I switch to windows 10 because its all coded in C and windows is c++ or even if they are the same codebase, wont the Linux format not transfer to windows 

As I said it's a grey market retailer .... 

Grey Market: 

The grey market, also referred to as the parallel market, is a market where a product is bought and sold outside of the manufacturer's authorized trading channels. The grey market is where the unofficial trading of a company's shares, usually before they are issued in an initial public offering (IPO), happens.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just install it now so you can get using your PC, and then activate it when you have the money.  You'll just miss out on some features and have a watermark in the mean time but it's better than nothing

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Just install it now so you can get using your PC, and then activate it when you have the money.  You'll just miss out on some features and have a watermark in the mean time but it's better than nothing

like what features

Just now, CombatComedy said:

like what features

they make customizing things like colour, background etc a bit more difficult by disabling the normal tools/settings menu, and some other stuff I'm not entirely sure of the whole list.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.