Does anyone else plays Subnautica

asus killer

Man did i get hooked by this game :)  It's a weird game, not at all my style of game, and i can't figure why i really like it. Does it have a story? i managed now to get into the ship

41 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Man did i get hooked by this game :)  It's a weird game, not at all my style of game, and i can't figure why i really like it. Does it have a story? i managed now to get into the ship

I haven't played it myself but, I saw some Let's plays of it. It does have a story but, I wouldn't want to spoil anything.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Haven't played it yet but it looks really good.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

5 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Haven't played it yet but it looks really good.

it's a gem. The best implementation of an idea I've seen in a long time. It must have helped all the time in beta

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

it's a gem. The best implementation of an idea I've seen in a long time. It must have helped all the time in beta

Been debating getting it but cant justify the extra cost right now :P 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

13 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Been debating getting it but cant justify the extra cost right now :P 

I had never played it before. Bought it now on final version and it deserved every euro. 

It is amazing. Bought it knowing very little about it, and am blown away by how good it is. I've played just over 15 hours, and for each of those hours i was glued to my screen. It is so intense and rewarding, and it is so nice to look at!

I watched the IGN review and was very intrigued by what I saw.  I will definitely pick it up sometime!

41 minutes ago, ShredBird said:

I watched the IGN review and was very intrigued by what I saw.  I will definitely pick it up sometime!

Just try to avoid any lets plays of it on YouTube if you watch any.

Most people spoil things with the thumbnails.

On 1/28/2018 at 5:53 AM, asus killer said:

Yea, it's a cool game.

A little glitchy sometimes in VR though.

I get a frame drop here and there even though I have a gtx 1080.

Also, it really needs touch support.

Like what are the developers thinking just using an xbox controller with a game that would so obviously benefit from having your hands in the game?

Implementing touch controls would take a lot of work, and it isn't realistic for them to do that for a small segment. 

The game is already really good in VR. Just needs a few tweaks, mostly to smooth performance and pop-in, and fix the controls on the Cyclops. 

On 1/28/2018 at 4:53 AM, asus killer said:

Been watching SplatterCat play it on the Youtubes. It has a story, you will find PDA's in different locations.  From that, you start figuring out things about the world and such. I thought about buying it, but still on the fence. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Been watching SplatterCat play it on the Youtubes. It has a story, you will find PDA's in different locations.  From that, you start figuring out things about the world and such. I thought about buying it, but still on the fence. 

i'm way past that now, it is a seriously good game, way beyond just a survival game. Very well made, with lots of suspense, horror, variety of the world both in and out of the water. Insane amounts of things to craft/upgrade. The world is gorgeous. The exploration is really satisfying. It is not a easy game mind that. I couldn't recommend it more and i'm not a fan of exploration games, i still sometimes hate having to catch fish to craft water and food over and over.

9 hours ago, asus killer said:

i'm way past that now, it is a seriously good game, way beyond just a survival game. Very well made, with lots of suspense, horror, variety of the world both in and out of the water. Insane amounts of things to craft/upgrade. The world is gorgeous. The exploration is really satisfying. It is not a easy game mind that. I couldn't recommend it more and i'm not a fan of exploration games, i still sometimes hate having to catch fish to craft water and food over and over.

The only reason Im on the fence is its not supported on Linux. Yes I know I could use Wine, but the last time I did that, the experience wasnt that great. Ive been thinking of making the move to Linux, due to frustrations with Buggy Windows 10. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

23 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The only reason Im on the fence is its not supported on Linux. Yes I know I could use Wine, but the last time I did that, the experience wasnt that great. Ive been thinking of making the move to Linux, due to frustrations with Buggy Windows 10. 

You do you and, I wish you all luck with this whole Linux craze but, I honestly never had any problems with Windows 10.

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

You can get past that eventually. ;)

i know but still not there yet :)

I have it and played a little of the start. It seems really good.....but rocket league.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I love it on my XBox, it has a lot of issue but they are being fixed, the fishies being no clip instead of having good Path finding though is annoying

I downloaded it again a week or so ago after reading this thread.  I hadn't played it since it was in very early access.  It's great.  The non invasive mode of story telling is great. The crafting, vehicle and base building - great.  And most of all exploring the depths of that beautiful world - jaw dropping.  Really enjoying it, have clocked about 20hrs since re-downloading.

i'm completely sucked into this game. After a lot of time searching for a single vehicle to get me deeper, i suddenly got the prawn (i had missed the damn thing), the seamoth with updates (the vehicle upgrade was a hard one) and the cyclops. Now let's go to the depths.

Amazing game, one of the best and most addictive games i have ever played.