Budget build USB and PS2 fail to work in win 7

I've been building computers for years now and have a stumper:

bought a bunch of parts and I'm trying to get a budget build up and working and no input device works with a windows 7 install. Here's my parts list:

ASUS Prime A320M-C R2.0 AMD Ryzen AM4 Mobo with the up to date firmware (don't ask me why Bios V went from 3401 in Dec 2017 to 3203 in Jan 2018 but it didn't help)

AMD A10-9700 GPU+CPU

EVGA 450 BT 100-BT-0450-K1 PSU

GeIL EVO POTENZA AMD 8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM

DIYPC DIY-BG01 Black case

Steps to where I am:

1. Put parts together, one stick of ram is bad (Started RMA but wanted to get Win installed) so I'm using 4GB
  2. Installed windows 10 and got all upgrades installed. Worked perfectly. Realized all I have are upgrade keys
  3. Formatted SSD and tried installing windows 7
  4. Used USB bootable. didn't work, didn't want to boot into installer (probably forgot to make it NTFS or soemthing like that)
  5. Use external USB DVD to boot to win 7 install
  6. Get to the install screen and can't click next, mouse won't work.
  7. Check the bios, USB Legacy: tried auto and enabled, no change (obviously the mouse and keyboard work fine in bios)
  8. Reset bios to factory default? no change use only 2.0 ports front and back? no change
  9. Google search: people say use PS2 keyboard (i have a wireless Logitech with both USB and PS2, easy fix? no
  10. Try a legacy beige keyboard with ps2 nothing. OK must be that windows isn't loaded yet
  11. Take SSD and plug it into Core2 Duo computer, install Windows 7 in 30 min no problem.
  12. Let it boot all the way into windows so I know its working, mouse is moving but don't install mobo drivers for core2 duo
  13. Plug the SSD back into AMD A10 and power on. "Windows detects new hardware, repairing boot" normal for switching mobo
  14. Boots into fully installed Win 10 and no mouse or keyboard (WTF!!!)
  15. Try PS2, try bios update as of 2 days ago, try usb 2.0 front, try Usb 3.0 back, try 2.0 back.... NOTHING!
  16. Reset bios, try PS2 input, still nothing. My optical mouse looses the light 2 sec after windows starts to boot. I plug in a USB Keyboard, lights flash 1 time then nothing.

Here is my logic:

Hardware? no! otherwise BIOS woudn't be accessable, USB ports are fine and devices are fine

BIOS? maybe but why would navigating bios work just fine?

BIOS setting? must be but I can't find one and why did it work fine with Win 10 but not 7?

Win 7? maybe. it's still pre sp1 but it was working fine on the legacy computer so it has basic USB 2.0 drivers

-I'm  trying to update SSD win 7 to SP1 etc as I type because it might be legacy drivers on modern mobo HW.

-I'm also going to try downloading all the drivers for the new mobo on the legacy computer. It might just refuse if it doesn't recognize the HW but who knows. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Kenny