Is the K95 RGB platinum worth it ?

gawax

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a new mechanical keyboard, I was looking around and found the K95 (with the cherry mx silver switches, not the brown switches).

However the price is fairly high considering its features so I'm asking those who own it if the build quality is good and what material is it made out of ? Also can I trust Corsair peripherals on the long term ?

Edit: I know it is made out of aluminium but I'm talking about the keys as in are they double injection etc etc etc...

Keys are double injection, I can't really speak for the longevity but I have this K70 I bought a month ago and it still works so...

Their lighting affect program is really cool.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

The K__ series have insane build quality, my OG K70 rgb looks practically brand new despite at least three years old.

All in all, would recommend.  No dead leds, no dead switches, keycaps still looking fly and most of all no stickiness 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Not really... With that money, better go for something like a Leopold FC980M PD (Doubleshot PBT Keycaps). Head to https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/ and shoot the question there :) They have helped me pick a good board.

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

I have the k95 rgb, as far as build is really good, had the black widow v2 before this one and sent it back because the build quality for me was just not all that for the price, it seemed cheap :/. The aluminium top on the k95 just makes it feel more premium. I have cherry reds on my board just so you know. I’m in UK and got mine off eBay off a guy that was ment to buy the K95 platinum version but got the normal rgb version so I got it for like £70 posted. 

Asking is it worth it then yes to me it is but I don’t mind spending money on a keyboard, there is cheaper ones and there is more expensive ones.

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8