Tutorial: How to use all your hard drive with Adobe Premiere Pro

Murilo_A

So, I needed to joint a video and an audio together, Vegas Pro was crashing and I couldn't fix it, so I decided to try Adobe Premiere (which I have never used before), since it was a simple task, I though it was going to be easy, and it was, but... in the middle of exporting, I realized it was using only 30% of CPU and 100% of the hard drive (disk activity, not space), it was weird, but I left it doing that, turns out that when it finishes, Windows says I'm running out of space, and I find it weird because I had more than 400GB left on the hard drive and 80GB on the SSD, I went into the folder the video were, and I realized it was F***ING 422GB and a bitrate of only 440,000kbps. I don't know what I did wrong, neither how the f*** Premiere managed to do that (it was only a 1.8GB file). If you need to fill up your hard drive for some weird reason, just export a video in Premiere without changing the settings and you're done.

Perhaps exporting at 440 Mbps is your issue.  50 - 60 is considered very high quality... 440 is just insane.  ~52 MB/s, so a 2.3 hour clip would get you to the size you describe.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

36 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Perhaps exporting at 440 Mbps is your issue.  50 - 60 is considered very high quality... 440 is just insane.  ~52 MB/s, so a 2.3 hour clip would get you to the size you describe.

About that, the thing is I had no idea at what bitrate I was exporting, neither how to change, I'll see some tutorials before I try to export that again