Performance issues question

Coltonw023456

I have been having issues with fps drops and screen stutter and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have tried replacing the cpu, gpu, motherboard and a fresh install of windows. I also have a new screen and that did not fix the problem either. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

PC Specs https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/22717039

missmatched RAM might be something, try takeing the 2GB sticks out and check

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

1 hour ago, Coltonw023456 said:

I have been having issues with fps drops and screen stutter and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have tried replacing the cpu, gpu, motherboard and a fresh install of windows. I als have a new screen and that did not fix the problem either. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

PC Specs https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/22717039

hmm i try have annything that i need to know

nope still a issue still dose it

26 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

nope still a issue still dose it

that harddrive is 5900rpm so that might actiually be something, its a pretty crap harddrive

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

that harddrive is 5900rpm so that might actiually be something, its a pretty crap harddrive

but the ones with the games installed on is higher rpm

15 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

but the ones with the games installed on is higher rpm

could still be a slower drive actiually, just because it spinns faster dosent mean its definatly faster, though that usiually is the case. thats the only thing i can really point out, i cant think of anything more beyond windows being buggy

Builds:

Spoiler

could still be a slower drive actiually, just because it spinns faster dosent mean its definatly faster, though that usiually is the case. thats the only thing i can really point out, i cant think of anything more beyond windows being buggy

hmmm well im getting a new cpu board and ram in march so il keep you updated:) keep in touch

Just now, Coltonw023456 said:

hmmm well im getting a new cpu board and ram in march so il keep you updated:) keep in touch

id honestly stick with what you have going there tbh and just get new storage, its still pretty good stuff

Builds:

Spoiler

id honestly stick with what you have going there tbh and just get new storage, its still pretty good stuff

well i want a new cpu annyway :) what cpu do you have

well i want a new cpu annyway :) what cpu do you have

i have an I7 4790K, no point in upgradeing further if you own DDR3 as i see it unless you desperately need that hexacore or more performance for something xD overclocks like a beast too, reaching 5GHz no problem

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i have an I7 4790K, no point in upgradeing further if you own DDR3 as i see it unless you desperately need that hexacore or more performance for something xD overclocks like a beast too, reaching 5GHz no problem

IMO - Only production types need apply for an upgrade as of yet... 4790K +Fast Ram (2133+) owners that is

Or you just bought a 1080Ti and want Avg's closer to Maximums over Minimums...

But these CPU's are good for high refresh gaming still, only when paired with a 1080Ti or two,..are you going to see much margins like reviewers show.
Using 'expected' settings for these GPU's, the GPU bound nature becomes real.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

im getting the AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

IMO - Only production types need apply for an upgrade as of yet... 4790K +Fast Ram (2133+) owners that is

But these CPU's are good for high refresh gaming still, only when paired with a 1080Ti or two,..are you going to see much margins like reviewers show.

ah

im getting the AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor

thats not much of an upgrade if you OC what you have now to 4GHz tbh, like barely an upgrade for games and with RAM prices as they are now id say dont bother

2 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

yep 4th gen is still stonk AF, i got myself 4x4GB of 2133MHz and while i noticed absolutely 0 improvement i also barely use the resources i have to play with seeing as Paladins barely uses 40% of the 1080 i have most of the time and the CPU is hardly breaking a sweat with 5 cores at 30% or so if not lower and playing Paladins and browseing the web is all i do lol

Builds:

Spoiler

thats not much of an upgrade if you OC what you have now to 4GHz tbh, like barely an upgrade for games and with RAM prices as they are now id say dont bother

yep 4th gen is still stonk AF, i got myself 4x4GB of 2133MHz and while i noticed absolutely 0 improvement i also barely use the resources i have to play with seeing as Paladins barely uses 40% of the 1080 i have most of the time and the CPU is hardly breaking a sweat with 5 cores at 30% or so if not lower and playing Paladins and browseing the web is all i do lol

well im getting 500$ for my 16 birthday march 5

well im getting 500$ for my 16 birthday march 5

that should get you an I5 8400 + mobo and RAM though, and that would blast that Ryzen system to bits in games xD well, if you had a better GPU that is, with a 1050TI there wont be any noticable difference between the two tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

that should get you an I5 8400 + mobo and RAM though, and that would blast that Ryzen system to bits in games xD well, if you had a better GPU that is, with a 1050TI there wont be any noticable difference between the two tbh

so if you make a pcpartpicker list for me i will:) so i dont mass up 

1 minute ago, Coltonw023456 said:

so if you make a pcpartpicker list for me i will:) so i dont mass up 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZkjJzM
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZkjJzM/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($201.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Tactical 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $391.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-24 17:25 EST-0500

you could get 16GB of RAM but i left it short so you could get a fuckload of icecream or a used 900 series GPU xD you can cut the SSD if you need more for the GPU too, you can probably get a 970 or 980 or even 980TI if you are lucky

Builds:

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you could get 16GB of RAM but i left it short so you could get a fuckload of icecream or a used 900 series GPU xD you can cut the SSD if you need more for the GPU too, you can probably get a 970 or 980 or even 980TI if you are lucky

well it run games bc i had a i5 before and it did not 

ah but i had a i5 before and it still had issue but would it run games good?

1 minute ago, Coltonw023456 said:

well it run games bc i had a i5 before and it did not 

what I5 is the important question here

*edit*

this will run games well if paired with a GPU that is also capable of running said games

Builds:

Spoiler

look in PM

what I5 is the important question here

*edit*

this will run games well if paired with a GPU that is also capable of running said games