Freesync 2 - Buy now or wait?

Wolfca

I managed to nab a vega 56 at MSRP (ok. I nabbed one in a radeon pack at MSRP) before the miners got to them. I'm currently using a 24inch, 1080p, 75Hz freesync monitor, which I know is not using the GPU to its full potential. I mostly got that because it was what I could afford at the time after investing in a GPU, with the intent to get a better monitor later and use that one as a secondary screen. Now, I'm looking at a 1440p 144hz monitor (Asus MG278Q) that I can grab on sale for $330. However, I know AMD announced freesync 2. Is it worth waiting to grab a freesync 2 monitor, or would you guys recommend pulling the trigger on the 1440p freesync (1?) for now?

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

Afaik, Freesync 2 mainly brings (and improves) HDR support, enforces support for LFC, and properly supports borderless windowed mode. If none of these interest you then I would recommend just going for that monitor (I haven't looked at its reviews so no clue on its quality).

Edited by Guest
Added borderless windowed mode