Universal RGB Port Hub?

Seanabo

I think I posted this in the wrong section and I don't know how to delete this post...... sorry

Wanted to keep the title short, but I'm having trouble finding an RGB hub that I can plug multiple RGB components into (couple case fans, an LED strip, etc.) but doesn't require my motherboard to have an RGB header on it and can be controlled by software rather than a remote. Most I find either require me to have an RGB header already, or they use a remote that only allows for 16ish colors and 4 modes. 

You can only use Corsair stuff so maybe this isn't the best choice if you are on a budget but you could use the Corsair Commander Pro.

7 minutes ago, Seanabo said:

I think I posted this in the wrong section and I don't know how to delete this post...... sorry

Wanted to keep the title short, but I'm having trouble finding an RGB hub that I can plug multiple RGB components into (couple case fans, an LED strip, etc.) but doesn't require my motherboard to have an RGB header on it and can be controlled by software rather than a remote. Most I find either require me to have an RGB header already, or they use a remote that only allows for 16ish colors and 4 modes. 

Your going to first need to standardize all your RGB options to something that works with the RGB standard such as Aura sync and other motherbnoards. Those motherboards all use the standard 4 Pin RGB control system as with the kits of remote control RGB LED's which would be your best option to have to control all your RGB components. 

• 2 weeks later...

that will probably be hard to find because every single company makes their own shit and gives it a cool name while often making sure they dont work together with other stuff.

the first and hardest part will be finding a controller that works with some kind of controller software on the PC.

Once you got this you can buy compatible LED stripes.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, Seanabo said:

oh you kiddos have it easy

back in my day we took the xmas tree lights and hooked those to our 3 way speakers

flash to that channels music note

if you had subwoofers and time you would splice sub to yellow lights, low of 3 way to red, mid to green, high to blue(our xmas lights were only 4 colors)

then play favorite tunes and watch the light show

This is super easy if conveniently you have the same type of lights.
The first step is to find out what each pin does.

Normally it's Red green blue data. But then again sometimes it's not.