Random Crashes (NO BSOD) - POST Beep implies Memory Problem

deansloman92

Crashes have 9/10 occurred during graphically intensive programs - including Google Maps! - the latest crash occurred during the loading of Cities: Skylines. No BSOD on any of the crashes.

After crash, system attempts to restart but does not POST and instead beeps - 3 long beeps - Intel documentation says this means a Memory Error. I ran Memtest for 2 passes and brought up no errors. All 4 of the RAM sticks are the same but 2 are from 2012 and the other 2 are from 2016.

I took my system to a local repair shop. They claimed that my GPU was faulty and were "very very confident" that was the cause of the issue. They recommended I apply for warranty on the card and to run an old card for the meantime. Less than 2 days later of using my PC with an old 980 Ti (with no previous issues) I have just experienced the same problem again and am now no longer confident my main GPU was the issue.

Everything about this points to Memory being the issue yet the repair shop claims that it's fine and it's the GPU. What if the GPU is actually okay? What should my next step be?

Specs:

- Windows 10 Pro running latest updates

- Intel DX79TO (BIOS is running latest firmware)

- Intel i7 3820

- 650W Power Supply

- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2

- 4x 4GB g.skill 1600MHz

- 320GB SSD (Boot Disk)

- 2TB HDD

I would look through Event Viewer and see if that leads you to anything, you can easily sort the list by system effect. I would mainly look for critical issues and maybe some errors depending on the time frame.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000