nzxt h440 + 6700k + corsair h100i v2 high temps

Hi there 

i have been building my first gaming pc and i have completed the installation and i have noticed that getting too high cpu temps starts at 35C and goes upto 70C in idle couldn't figure out what the issue was , it was working ok for first few days but since the LED's in the cooler were not working i tried changing the pins and figure out if the LED's would go up but instead i messed up with it and getting high CPU temperatures , it seems like i have messed up with the cables from the cooler ,  i use  nzxt h440 case 6700k processor,corsair h100i v2 cooler can any one help me with how to connect the cooler in this case , FYI i have also tried re-applying the heat zinc 

You need to plug the 2 fans into the fan headers coming off the pump block, and then plug the 3-pin fan header into your motherboard and set the fan curve for that header to 100% in DC mode. and if you want to control your fan speeds through Corsair Link, then plug the USB2 cable into a USB2 header on your motherboard.

@lokiii

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 4:08 PM, For Science! said:

You need to plug the 2 fans into the fan headers coming off the pump block, and then plug the 3-pin fan header into your motherboard and set the fan curve for that header to 100% in DC mode. and if you want to control your fan speeds through Corsair Link, then plug the USB2 cable into a USB2 header on your motherboard.

@lokiii

thanks!! will try once again and update you if any issues!!!

On 19/01/2018 at 4:08 PM, For Science! said:

@lokiii

i have connected the 2 fans to the cables from the cooler block and the other cable from cooler to mobo cpu_fan but i get  warning message that " ensue the fans are connected in cpu_header properly" may i know what does it mean