My SSHD makes ticking noise

Hi,

I got a new laptop last saturday (Acer Predator Helios GTX1060 I7700HQ 16GB DDR4) and decided to put in a Seagate 2TB SSHD. Everything worked fine until today my SSHD started making ticking noises. it kind of sounds like a geiger-muller counter and i'm worried its already broken.

It still tranfers data very fast but since it makes ticking noises from time to time i am worried. its not a constant ticking but its both when it's idle and when its working. right now its idle but its not ticking.

I opened it up and nothing seemed off, although the bracket its in has an aluminum foil over it which might also make the sound, i just want to be sure that i won't have to get a new SSHD yet.

1 hour ago, jelenko1999 said:

Hi,

I got a new laptop last saturday (Acer Predator Helios GTX1060 I7700HQ 16GB DDR4) and decided to put in a Seagate 2TB SSHD. Everything worked fine until today my SSHD started making ticking noises. it kind of sounds like a geiger-muller counter and i'm worried its already broken.

It still tranfers data very fast but since it makes ticking noises from time to time i am worried. its not a constant ticking but its both when it's idle and when its working. right now its idle but its not ticking.

I opened it up and nothing seemed off, although the bracket its in has an aluminum foil over it which might also make the sound, i just want to be sure that i won't have to get a new SSHD yet.

I think you have nothing to worry about, I have 256gb SSD and 1TB HDD 5400RPM and it makes some kind of noise too. Transfers data how 5400RPM HDD would so ... yeah