Any idea if this would be possible ?

Im a homegrown modder and my friend wish he could have a rigid watercooling loop (im pretty expirenced if it comes to hardline). His problem is price, that's why i would like to ask you guys is it possible to remove tubing from an aio (looking a at be quiet's silent loop) and fitting to replace them with off the shelf rigid tubing hardware. I have another concern about this idea, will the pump be strong enough to push though if i add a pretty big res ( my friend wants a big res real bad)?

If anyone ever done this/ knows anything of somebody ever doing it, i would really appreciate your help.

Cheers

English isn't my primary language, sorry if it's hard to read

I mean everything is possible.......

But it would involve a lot of risk of non-closing tubes so unless you know what you are doing, I would not recommend such a project.

1 minute ago, mathizel said:

I mean everything is possible.......

But it would involve a lot of risk of non-closing tubes so unless you know what you are doing, I would not recommend such a project.

the thing i need to know if the fitting on this aio are screwed on there or soldered/glued

Which be quiet loop are we talking about? I thought most of them were actually screwed but then again I never bothered taking one apart. YouTube should be your friend in this. Or someone else on the forum might know. Pump shouldn't be that much of a problem if you keep the distance the same.

Edit: how big of an increase are we talking?

few bends for sure, my friend's pc isn't a monster it's more for estetics

i understand what you are asking, as we'd used to do this to the h50 and GPU cooling in 2010. found out the systems pump was the weak link and adding a reservoir was a large mistake.

the radiator is the reservoir and the large pressure drop weakened the pumps ability to 'keep up' and would fail. it'd work, but not for long.

most of the tubing (rubber) is press fitted with shrink tubing to clamp firmer. the crinkle tubing is heat fitted.

cooler master/alphacool have stand alone pumps to hardline from but are not 'the best' to go past a single water block (no 2/3 GPU blocks) without loud noises or failure.

The pump is just big enough to work as it is now,Adding to it like a res would probably kill the pumps pressure.Honestly a aio is not built very good and most have a aluminum rad to them.I would rather spend the money and go full custom loop you get better parts and it will work a lot better for a long time.

Be quiet! Uses standard g1/4 threads for fittings and cupper radiators so the galvanic corosion is not an issue

there is a good video made by jeytwocent about expanding AIO with a full cover waterblock

also there is a german youtuber https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-nPc-OoygHK9FT8y6KVYA who takes appart, refill and mod AIO's especially be quiet ones.

It is possible as long as you use 12mm od tubes 16mm od fittings will not fit on the be quiet pump (waterblock)

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

5 hours ago, MaratM said:

Be quiet! Uses standard g1/4 threads for fittings and cupper radiators so the galvanic corosion is not an issue

there is a good video made by jeytwocent about expanding AIO with a full cover waterblock

also there is a german youtuber https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-nPc-OoygHK9FT8y6KVYA who takes appart, refill and mod AIO's especially be quiet ones.

It is possible as long as you use 12mm od tubes 16mm od fittings will not fit on the be quiet pump (waterblock)

So from that i understand any g1/4 thread will fit ?

as long as you use 12mm od tubes 16mm od fittings will not fit on the be quiet pump (waterblock) Don't get this part though, might explaining ?

thanks

29 minutes ago, JustTheDoge said:

So from that i understand any g1/4 thread will fit ?

as long as you use 12mm od tubes 16mm od fittings will not fit on the be quiet pump (waterblock) Don't get this part though, might explaining ?

thanks

All fittings use the same g1/4 thread, but fittings for 12mm OD tubes are smaller and fittings for 16mm OD are bigger. Here is a picture of 2 size fittings next to each otherIMG_5248.JPG.7ebe2a1c6ad6a3a3c6c8ccceb5c61e88.JPG

and here is be quiet pump

IMG_5249.thumb.JPG.fb19344859b56128a3eb1d3c7f1c0d8f.JPG

can you see how close fittings to each other? 16 mm fittings will not fit

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

8 hours ago, MaratM said:

All fittings use the same g1/4 thread, but fittings for 12mm OD tubes are smaller and fittings for 16mm OD are bigger. Here is a picture of 2 size fittings next to each other

and here is be quiet pump

can you see how close fittings to each other? 16 mm fittings will not fit

thank's for explaining, for some reason my mind coudn't solve what OD was

Thank you very much anyways

Chances are they fine-tune the pump to cut costs by not doing more than necessary, which means it's not going to adequately push a larger volume of liquid through a larger area.