email notifications

knightslugger

Here are my preferences. Notice that i have selected to only receive one email notification for content until i revisit.

image.png.a9434e5e8cf882ed7c14965a2ad5d4cd.png

My LTT emails from last night:

image.png.54640939e051b56f8996dd76454ce8c7.png

The last 4 emails from "planning to build" were received at 1100pm, and I know i wasn't on the forum that late at night. I was watching a movie.

are notifications working correctly? I never got this many emails in the past and i have not touched my preferences in months.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I can't see any reason in the code why this would fail. Is anyone else having the same issue?

HTTP/2 203

more insanity. can you check my login history? I haven't been on the site for at LEAST an hour.

image.png.66b8c98f0a652d9d220d93adcb1624cd.png

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

4 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

more insanity. can you check my login history? I haven't been on the site for at LEAST an hour.

image.png.66b8c98f0a652d9d220d93adcb1624cd.png

Looks like I can reproduce it. I'll look into it and report it to the devs.

HTTP/2 203

still there. I went to bed at 10pm last night. this is the first time i've been on the forum since.

image.png.6f54511cbd9fd6c532ee24ed4951b125.png

System specs:

38 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

still there. I went to bed at 10pm last night. this is the first time i've been on the forum since.

image.png.6f54511cbd9fd6c532ee24ed4951b125.png

Oops, it looks like the change that I mostly reversed had also incorrectly inverted the logic (> rather than <). Hopefully it should be fixed now.

HTTP/2 203

On 1/16/2018 at 8:55 AM, colonel_mortis said:

Oops, it looks like the change that I mostly reversed had also incorrectly inverted the logic (> rather than <). Hopefully it should be fixed now.

Seems i'm only getting a few emails now. I should have gotten an email on 2 topics last night (one was last posted 9 hours ago, the other 2 hours ago) and I did not get an email on either of them.

System specs:

3 hours ago, knightslugger said:

Seems i'm only getting a few emails now. I should have gotten an email on 2 topics last night (one was last posted 9 hours ago, the other 2 hours ago) and I did not get an email on either of them.

Did it start working correctly after the last fix, then break the other way, or did it go straight from one extreme to the other?

HTTP/2 203

it pretty much went from one extreme to the other. I was getting email notification on replies to topics i had not seen (or revisited to the site) since, then after your hoocus poocus i was getting far fewer, to the point that there were topics that had been replied to since my last visit i did not get notified about.

now suddenly i just got probably 20 or 30 in the last 45 minutes. Now i was active here during that time, so i can chalk that up to me just being here... but this was a lot suddenly compared to the last several days.

image.png.cced571bf6137dec6309b05d039b362e.png

System specs:

2 hours ago, knightslugger said:

it pretty much went from one extreme to the other. I was getting email notification on replies to topics i had not seen (or revisited to the site) since, then after your hoocus poocus i was getting far fewer, to the point that there were topics that had been replied to since my last visit i did not get notified about.

now suddenly i just got probably 20 or 30 in the last 45 minutes. Now i was active here during that time, so i can chalk that up to me just being here... but this was a lot suddenly compared to the last several days.

image.png.cced571bf6137dec6309b05d039b362e.png

I would have expected it to possibly be slightly fewer notifications than expected, but not a significant difference. The forum software devs have now released the official patch which reverts it entirely back to the old behaviour, so I've deployed that now. Hopefully it works properly now.

HTTP/2 203

Do I need to re-subscribe to threads I want to be notified on? I just logged on and i see i should have gotten three emails on comments (reactions are not emailed, which is OK)

image.png.1663691bb775345cc3bcdec8873b5009.png

I check my email, no messages. maybe something going on with the email server that is backing them up? Not delivering?

System specs:

2 hours ago, knightslugger said:

Do I need to re-subscribe to threads I want to be notified on? I just logged on and i see i should have gotten three emails on comments (reactions are not emailed, which is OK)

image.png.1663691bb775345cc3bcdec8873b5009.png

I check my email, no messages. maybe something going on with the email server that is backing them up? Not delivering?

I'm not aware of any email deliverability issues (it's not something that is super easy to check, but most people seem to have received their account verification emails). You definitely shouldn't need to refollow anything either.

To check, the emails are being received correctly (as you expect) while you're browsing the site, but you're only receiving some (none?) when not online, right?

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not aware of any email deliverability issues (it's not something that is super easy to check, but most people seem to have received their account verification emails). You definitely shouldn't need to refollow anything either.

To check, the emails are being received correctly (as you expect) while you're browsing the site, but you're only receiving some (none?) when not online, right?

Well actually now i'm not receiving any emails from LTT (except the Digest one, which i got at 5:48am CST). All day in fact.

System specs:

I'm not receiving any e-mail notifications from the forum when I get replies to my forum topics.

I never really have, to be honest.

Quite annoying really, as I have to bookmark the forum topic and keep manually checking it for replies.

eb_ltt-nonot-1.png.d7a41f4f973c84af151b1dfcd5b8f774.png

eb_ltt-nonot-2.thumb.png.f5a62ef02d4ccb1ae15f225f6214817c.png

OK, I've reported it to the devs again, along with some more debugging that I've done, so hopefully they're able to fix it.

You should be able to fix it, if you want, by turning off the "Only send one email until I revist the site" setting, or just relying on the inline notifications on the forum, until it's resolved.

HTTP/2 203

I have deployed a fix that solves this issue in my tests. Please let me know whether it seems to be working for you (note that it thinks it sent the previous emails successfully, so you won't receive emails for some topics until you revisit the site).

The fix has been temporarily reverted because it caused other problems. Fixed

Edited by colonel_mortis

HTTP/2 203

(Another reply to trigger email notifications for the people following this topic, please tell me whether you receive this email)

HTTP/2 203

did not receive, but first time back today.

System specs:

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

(Another reply to trigger email notifications for the people following this topic, please tell me whether you receive this email)

I changed the option you mentioned above and I received an e-mail based on your test reply an hour ago but I don't want to keep the option to get an email every single time or my inbox would get flooded regularly.

9 hours ago, kingmustard said:

I changed the option you mentioned above and I received an e-mail based on your test reply an hour ago but I don't want to keep the option to get an email every single time or my inbox would get flooded regularly.

Check the second box under notification preferences.

System specs:

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Check the second box under notification preferences.

The administrator said the following, two days ago:

"You should be able to fix it, if you want, by turning off the "Only send one email until I revist the site" setting, or just relying on the inline notifications on the forum, until it's resolved."

7 minutes ago, kingmustard said:

"You should be able to fix it, if you want, by turning off the "Only send one email until I revist the site" setting, or just relying on the inline notifications on the forum, until it's resolved."

im confused then because the next reply said it was fixed.

so far so good, btw.

System specs:

20 hours ago, kingmustard said:

11 hours ago, kingmustard said:

You can enable the "only send one email" setting again, because it should now be fixed (per my previous post).

HTTP/2 203

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, colonel_mortis said:

set max "type" notifications per item ≤# or *

if ≤ not available try just typing "lesstoequal or less to equal"