My Ethernet is not working.

CooperMyers
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
1 minute ago, CooperMyers said:

ASRock b350 pro4 I think

You'll need this driver:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/All/LAN/Realtek_LAN(v10012).zip

Just download it and get it onto the PC, unzip, and install, then reboot.

I recently built a computer and I have one final issue to work out. My Ethernet detects that there is a network but it will not connect to it because there is a "invalid up configuration". 

41in07b.jpg

O4xKTFG.jpg

I did netstat and ipconfig to see if that helps you guys identify the issue. 

29KcNMo.jpg

Troubleshooting ive already done:  

I reset my bios, re downloaded windows, and reset my pc to factory settings. 

When installing windows the first and second time it shows that there is a network under the connect to a network part of the setup but it will not let me click on the network to connect to it so I clicked "skip". 

Go to the Network & Sharing center > Change Adapter Settings > Right click on the adapter and Disable wait a second then right click and Enable.

That sometimes fixes it but it looks like you aren't properly connected to the router. Did you install the drivers? Is there light on the ethernet port on your PC and the router?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Go to the Network & Sharing center > Change Adapter Settings > Right click on the adapter and Disable wait a second then right click and Enable.

That sometimes fixes it but it looks like you aren't properly connected to the router. Did you install the drivers?

What driver will I need to connect to the internet?  Last time I made a computer I got my drivers from the internet. I have not set up my drivers yet. 

Just now, CooperMyers said:

What driver will I need to connect to the internet?  Last time I made a computer I got my drivers from the internet. I have not set up my drivers yet. 

What motherboard do you have?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, CooperMyers said:

ASRock b350 pro4 I think

You'll need this driver:

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

32 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You'll need this driver:

Quick question. After I updated my bios and re installed windows etc I noticed my second drive is not registering. It shows up in device manager but not in my storage. How do I fix?

g1jn02r.jpgThe CT is my SSD (working) and the WDC is my 1tb HDD (not working)

If the hard disk is new, it has no partitions created (no drive letters) so of course it won't appear.

You have to go in Computer Management > Disk Management  (or whatever is called in Windows 10, you can probably right click on "Computer" and select "Manage" and you should find Disk Management there). Scroll down to your hard drive and you'll probably find an empty space to the right of your hdd name. Right click there and select new partition and create one, then give it a letter.

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If the hard disk is new, it has no partitions created (no drive letters) so of course it won't appear.

You have to go in Computer Management > Disk Management  (or whatever is called in Windows 10, you can probably right click on "Computer" and select "Manage" and you should find Disk Management there). Scroll down to your hard drive and you'll probably find an empty space to the right of your hdd name. Right click there and select new partition and create one, then give it a letter.

Worked

• 5 months later...

I was having both of these issues with my first build just this week. You guys are life savers. Thanks for the help.