What should bent pins do to your PC

Hello, so recently a few months ago my z97 gaming 5 started to fail, sent it to msi got a replacement z97a gaming 7, I guess during installation I must've dropped the cpu or something, but I ended up bending the pins, I didn't notice until I tried booting and had no post, but the motherboard lights and case fans and everything all seem to be good, just that my monitor doesn't show anything. Doesn't even turn on. I notice because it turns on by switching from red to white in a little led circle, but it doesn't do it anymore, it just stays red. Anyways like 10 seconds pass like a normal boot, and then it turns off, then tries to turn on. I'm not saying I'm a pro at bending pins back, but I feel like maybe it could be a different issue? 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

10 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

That sounds like a bent pin issue.

Really? Well I guess ill take another look. I was starting to worry maybe it was the cpu failing. Cheers

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

3 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

Really? Well I guess ill take another look. I was starting to worry maybe it was the cpu failing. Cheers

No way a CPU that new would fail unless it had physical damage, shocked, or ran at super high voltage. CPUs can run easily for 10+ years.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

No way a CPU that new would fail unless it had physical damage, shocked, or ran at super high voltage. CPUs can run easily for 10+ years.

Really? Sorry for my daft questions, I don't really know much besides how to put two legos together. Anyways thanks a ton for clearing this up. 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Often, if you are very careful, you can straighten the pins and the CPU should work just fine. And it's not a dumb question. We all learn these things at some point if we build or fiddle with our own systems.

Is your ram any good? A stick of ram on my old 3570k machine went bad the other day and it was stuck in a 10s boot loop.

13 minutes ago, combine1237 said:

Is your ram any good? A stick of ram on my old 3570k machine went bad the other day and it was stuck in a 10s boot loop.

Actually ill try booting with 1 ram. I have 4x8gb ram. Ill try this first

15 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Often, if you are very careful, you can straighten the pins and the CPU should work just fine. And it's not a dumb question. We all learn these things at some point if we build or fiddle with our own systems.

and then ill work on the pins again. Also thanks, I just sometimes feel so ignorant that I don't know some things. Cheers though

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

1 minute ago, xDylanio said:

Actually ill try booting with 1 ram. I have 4x8gb ram. Ill try this first

and then ill work on the pins again. Also thanks, I just sometimes feel so ignorant that I don't know some things. Cheers though

Don't feel that way I once was unable to get my freenas build to start for 2 days because my power switch was not attached. 

Just now, combine1237 said:

Don't feel that way I once was unable to get my freenas build to start for 2 days because my power switch was not attached. 

I once freaked about when I thought I had killed my brothers gaming pc - it refused to go past bios

I had unplugged the sata to his ssd :I

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious