What's Up With the Graphics Cards?

SolidRedIron

Every day, more and more GPU's on amazon and newegg are disappearing and prices seem to go up for those available.  I thought that it can be because Nvidia could be getting ready for the Volta gaming lineup or AMD preparing for their budget Vega graphics cards.  But neither of them revealed any possible Graphics car within the first half of 2108.  I am not sure what the issue is, does anyone have an idea?

Just now, SolidRedIron said:

Every day, more and more GPU's on amazon and newegg are disappearing and prices seem to go up for those available.  I thought that it can be because Nvidia could be getting ready for the Volta gaming lineup or AMD preparing for their budget Vega graphics cards.  But neither of them revealed any possible Graphics car within the first half of 2108.  I am not sure what the issue is, does anyone have an idea?

High demand due to mining, not enough supply.

its out of hand. I bought an msi gtx 1070 gaming x in july for $450, the exact same card is selling for over $900 on amazon and newegg rn....

23 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

High demand due to mining, not enough supply.

Still in high demand?  Even gtx 1060 are up at $375 for the 3gb model atm.  I don't believe it.

It looks like every make and model is going thru the roof.

Is this some new hot cryto currency?

Honestly can we just ban crypto currency. It’s a really bad investment to begin with anyways, and the GPU prices are skyrocketing. Yes this seems unrealistic I realize, and I doubt it will happen. It’s a nice thought though.

I have this sinking feeling that 2018 is going to be another bad year to build a gaming rig :(

I got my Geforce GTX 1070 sc 8gb for like $480 in February/March of last year. I don't even want to know the price for it now. Btw, how would I utilize the GPU for mining purposes? Never really fully got how that worked.