K70 weird lighting. (pictures included)

I sent an old K70 to be repaired a while ago. Corsair sent me a new K70 LUX, and everything was fine.

Cut to a few months, and now I'm having an issue I'm not sure I can  even explain. If I put colour on any of the following keys,

Shift - |\ - Zz - Xx - Cc - ALT GR - Windows Key (Right)

I get a red colour. Adding any colour on top will create a "that colour + red" effect. Adding white makes it pink for example, as seen in the picture above.

If I make a profile with just one key (for example, shift) selected with all other keys blank (so the LEDS should be off), the shift key will be pink while the other effected keys are red. This is what happens.

If I select no keys, all LEDS are off, so it's not a case of the red LED being stuck on. It can turn off. 

If I select the whole keyboard and try to make every key white, this is what happens.

I've also taken the key caps off, they aren't dirty (even though the camera is picking up dust on the board itself, it's not that bad in reality), and you can definitely see the red LED on from the switch itself. The top key, shift, is "white". According to CUE, this is the same as the bottom key, CTRL, which is white.

Is this a hardware problem? I've reinstalled CUE, deleted the appdata folders, tried as many custom profiles as I can and it's all the same. I really don't know what to do. I'm not even sure I'm covered by a warranty anymore. 

EDIT: I'm running the latest firmware and drivers, and forcing a firmware update seems to do nothing. 

ss (2018-01-12 at 02.16.17).jpg

ss (2018-01-12 at 02.18.50).jpg

ss (2018-01-12 at 02.20.56).jpg

ss (2018-01-12 at 02.25.36).jpg

ss (2018-01-12 at 02.26.43).jpg

Edited by mrkaru
added pictures that aren't just linked to text.

can you try it on a different computer/laptop? Just to rule out anything driver related/conflicts etc

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

can you try it on a different computer/laptop? Just to rule out anything driver related/conflicts etc

I tried it a laptop and it does the same thing there. It also does the same thing in the bios as you can save different profiles to the device memory. The moment it gets power, the LEDS turn on with the same problem. I'm looking for a way to reset the keyboard entirely at the moment, but I'm worried I might have to contact Corsair for the firmware file, which will take a few days. 

do you think you could have damaged the keyboard fucking with it? ( damage like water, fall, smashing it in rage, etc )

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

do you think you could have damaged the keyboard fucking with it? ( damage like water, fall, smashing it in rage, etc )

I don't think so. I haven't had any recent spills, and I'm not the "raging" type. I don't think I can even remember a time I've angry-typed on this thing.

2 minutes ago, mrkaru said:

I don't think so. I haven't had any recent spills, and I'm not the "raging" type. I don't think I can even remember a time I've angry-typed on this thing.

oh okay hmm 

I would ask corsair support or find out if this something that happens alot.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing