What are the pros and cons about soft tubing and hardline tubing?

e46

Not sure tbh but hardline looks better imo.

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

Soft tubing is alot easier to install and work with than hardline.

Hardline generally looks alot nicer though, when done properly. But that takes alot of time and experience/skill working with it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

6 minutes ago, e46 said:

soft tube degrades which needs to be changed overtime, with hardline it's not indefinite but close to it as long as the tubing ends don't deform. 

41 minutes ago, W-L said:

soft tube degrades which needs to be changed overtime, with hardline it's not indefinite but close to it as long as the tubing ends don't deform. 

Also my friend was asking if the ekwb Phoenix with 1 cpu block, 2 gpu blocks, and 1 radiator is ok. Also he asked if he only buys those parts does he need anything else apart from those aio parts? Does he need like more tubing for the extra gpu block or is that all he needs to buy?

Edited by e46
Typo

2 hours ago, e46 said:

Also my friend was asking if the ekwb Phoenix with 1 cpu block, 2 gpu blocks, and 1 radiator is ok. Also he asked if he only buys those parts does he need anything else apart from those aio parts? Does he need like more tubing for the extra gpu block or is that all he needs to buy?

All he will need are the AIO parts since they all use the quick disconnect system to join together, however for 1 radiator he will be at the bare minimum if he gets a 360mm rad. Ideally he will want approx 480mm of total rad space or more especially if he plans to overclock or want to run it fairly silently. 

The soft tubing on the predator units last for exceeding long amounts of time as the (ZMT) EPDM based tubing, much more than regular soft tube. 

Soft tube is easy. Hard tube is a pita to get it to look right without a ton of elbows. Hard tube is basically maintanance free as it will never stain. But then again soft tube is so easy to swap it doesn’t matter. I’ve done both, and I prefer hard tubes, just because I don’t have time to re-do tubes every 6 months.

soft tubing is more rookie friendly and easier to use.Hard tubing takes a heat gun and stuff to bend it and bending it takes some practice to get right.The tubing and quick disconnects on the ek predator are down right ugly to me.