PLS HELP! i7 8700k warmer after Meltdown Windows Update

I really dont know whats going on and am starting to get desperate.

After the Update my Cpu is 5-10c warmer in idle and 5c under load. (Before: 25-30c idle and 65-70c load // now: 30-37c idle and 70-78c load)

I didnt change anything. 

What can i do?

its not really a problem because you are probably not thermal throttling. could be your thermal paste getting old and losing a bit of its ability to transfer heat. try remounting the cooler if you are bothered by it but i personally wouldnt take action because it should not have any negative effect.

20 minutes ago, Hoff9zu0 said:

What can i do?

stop panicking for starters... 78c under load is quite alright.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Im just wondering what it could be.
The thermal paste is quite new, so it cant be that.

It really must have to do with the update, because the hour before everything was fine..

So i just have to "live" with it?

Just now, knightslugger said:

stop panicking for starters... 78c under load is quite alright.

I know its alright, but its still weird isnt it ? Id just like to understand what happened.

6 minutes ago, Hoff9zu0 said:

I know its alright, but its still weird isnt it ? Id just like to understand what happened.

depends on what intel/microsoft did to fix the glitch. perhaps the fix requires more processing power, or perhaps requiring more VRM power resulting in less efficiency? who knows? WHO CARES. If it doesn't kill your CPU, why worry about it?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

36 minutes ago, Hoff9zu0 said:

After the Update my Cpu is 5-10c warmer in idle and 5c under load. (Before: 25-30c idle and 65-70c load // now: 30-37c idle and 70-78c load)

I didnt change anything. 

What can i do?

I'm sure you have background tasks/processes running that you're not even paying attention to.  You may also just be hypersensitive to the whole update due to the latest news and gossip.

My Intel and AMD rigs are running exactly the same after the latest updates.

On 2018. 01. 10. at 6:26 PM, Hoff9zu0 said:

As far as I know the fix was done in a way that the cpu has to do more number crunching / processing for the same task. They eliminated the security issue by double-checking every action (that was previously exploitable). That's why, in some cases, peformance got worse. More steps for the same task.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II