WTF is Up With GPU Availability?

c00lFD

What the f*ck is happening with GPU pricing and availability? I have to get a new GPU soon, in less than a week, and I'm afraid that there won't be one available, and I'll be without a GPU! I'm looking for a GTX 1070 or 1070ti. Does anyone know why it's all screwed, and where to look for cards?

2 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

What the f*ck is happening with GPU pricing and availability? I have to get a new GPU soon, in less than a week, and I'm afraid that there won't be one available, and I'll be without a GPU! I'm looking for a GTX 1070 or 1070ti. Does anyone know why it's all screwed, and where to look for cards?

Cypto mining....

Need I say more?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Cypto mining....

Need I say more?

This^^^ You can get over $1,000 now for a Vega 56 that should be $350. 

4 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

There's a rock in my backyard. I suspect your head is under it.

Miners love GTX 1070 and 1070 Ti cards because they're incredibly efficient for the amount of work they do. That's your answer.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

This^^^ You can get over $1,000 now for a Vega 56 that should be $350. 

Okay, cant wait till Saturday, when I'll have to get a new GPU.

Just now, aisle9 said:

There's a rock in my backyard. I suspect your head is under it.

Miners love GTX 1070 and 1070 Ti cards because they're incredibly efficient for the amount of work they do. That's your answer.

Thanks, just about a month ago availability was just fine, so just asking now since I'll need to get a new GPU.

Just now, c00lFD said:

Okay, cant wait till Saturday, when I'll have to get a new GPU.

Most Nvidia stuff is available, just in lower supply. You might not find all the models you want, but you can at least find some, unlike AMD where you couldn’t get one of their cards if you wanted to. 

I think a 1080 is your best bet at this point. There seems to be the most of those and the 1080 ti available because of their horrible ROI for crypto.

1 minute ago, c00lFD said:

Thanks, just about a month ago availability was just fine, so just asking now since I'll need to get a new GPU.

The midrange market is screwed right now. You'll likely get the best deal by shopping locally for a used 980 Ti. About the same performance in gaming as a 1070, but a whole lot cheaper because their high power draw makes them unappealing to miners.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, c00lFD said:

Well, the cryptomining craze has fluctuated a bit too, but availability is going to be based on production capacity and component availability, and how much the OEM commissioned the factory to make in a run, I suppose.  Naturally also the price will track with the increased demand from cryptomining, but I think manufacturers are still catching up while occasionally hedging their bets on how bad the miners want their next card.  I mean, you see it in the advertising and 'block chain edition' cards now.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I think a 1080 is your best bet at this point. There seems to be the most of those and the 1080 ti available because of their horrible ROI for crypto.

1080 isn't exactly in my budget, ill only have about 550.

Just now, c00lFD said:

USD? That’s what a 1080 costs

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Cheapest on newegg is 700 lol.

7 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Try a GTX 1080 for around 500 USD?

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

^^^

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, NytroN32D said:

use ebay

Don't trust it, i've been screwed by it countless times.

2 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Your account says you're in Seattle. In the Seattle area I know some of the local bestbuys had good deals on 1070s (I think it was 400 dollars in puyallup). I checked it out looking for keyboards. Frys probably has something too, but I'm not sure. As far as online I couldn't find anything, and make sure to call in ahead of time.

Just now, c00lFD said:

Don't trust it, i've been screwed by it countless times.

u  can always refund even if u get it

Ebay has no garanteed warantlys and I just dont trust.

Just now, isaac22701 said:

Your account says you're in Seattle. In the Seattle area I know some of the local bestbuys had good deals on 1070s (I think it was 400 dollars in puyallup). I checked it out looking for keyboards. Frys probably has something too, but I'm not sure. Make sure to call in ahead of time. As far as online I couldn't find anything.

I’ve sold things on eBay and had the buyer get their money back and keep the item. eBay is a get stuff for free site.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

I’ve sold things on eBay and had the buyer get their money back and keep the item. eBay is a get stuff for free site.

yes it is xD or somtimes get fake stuff for free